54

"Has anyone seen Jeongin?"

Hyunjin asked, frowning slightly as he didn't seem to catch a glimpse of the mentioned boy's silhouette. It was bbq night and ofcourse it was for the birthday boy himself, but not being able to see him around was just odd.

He heard Jisung's humming lowly, thinking. His only focus was on the meat he was currently sizzling on the griller that had burning coals underneath.

"Oh yeah, he told me he was going to walk by the coast over there" he told him as he swiftly lifted his hand up to point his index finger forward, up left.

Sure enough, although it was dark, but thanks to the those lampposts.

Hyunjin could still see the figure far away from where he was, sitting on the sand with his legs crossed whilst his whole body was facing the waves that were roaring slowly.

The raven sighed before putting on a smile afterwards. He continued to walk over the table only to slice a piece of the cheesecake, putting it on a plate.

Soon, he made his way towards the younger's direction, one hand was carrying the cake and the other was simply holding an unused towel.

The moment his steps were getting closer to him, he let out a few words softly in a light voice.

"Isn't it even colder here?"

He inquiry, causing the boy to take his eyes off the pitch black sea and turned his head to him.

"Ah hyung, um yes, kinda, but i like it"

Jeongin replied with a warm smile, eyes trailing on the older's body that decided to sit besides him. But then, he felt a thick material was embracing his back.

And when he caught everything up, Hyunjin was actually tugging the towel he was previously holding around his back from shoulder to shoulder.

"Who knows if you'll suddenly catch a cold tomorrow"

Said him. Indeed the breeze was cold, and the towel wasn't even close to warm. But since it was a thick ones, it could still prevent the wind from rippling through his clothes directly to his skin.

"Also, cake, eat it. I sliced it with my own hands for you so it'd be great if you could shove it down your throat or something"

Hyunjin added as he handed the plate he brought with him to Jeongin.

The smile he put on has now grew wider in motion from the action, Jeongin let out a soft sigh and nodded before taking the plate in his hold.

"Such a gentleman huh? I'm so lucky"

He commented, receiving deep chortles from the other latter next when he began to spoon down the cake. The sweet taste from the cream instantly spread inside his mouth and it was definitely something he would appreciate for life.

Though, it was only for one bite and now he landed the plate down to his side. Closing the distance between their bodies by incrementally scooting closer to the other, Jeongin slowly leaned his head on Hyunjin's wide shoulder.

Silence eventually collapse around them but it wasn't something they needed to feel rather gawk, or gauche about.

Despite their eyes were set on the cold working sea, their hands on the other side were trading warm heat to one another as they created friction by launching a loose intertwine.

Just then, Jeongin decided to put the silence to an end.

"you down for some random questions?" He asked and Hyunjin hummed vaguely.