46

Ding
           Dong!
                        Ding
                                  Dong!

As promised, there was Jeongin; standing in front of Hyunjin's door, or at least he's sure that this was the place since it was where the address lead him to.

Despite that Hyunjin had actually convinced and asked him to let him pick him up with a car, he still declined the suggestion and decided to drop there by a taxi instead.

The bell was pressed one more time, linking the door to creak opened the next second by an elderly woman who he didn't recognize the identity of. Nevertheless, Jeongin quickly bowed his head down and broke out some words, along with one nervous stammer aligned.

"Hi, i'm Yang Jeongin, Hyunjin hyung's friend. He said i could pay him a visit, and play some video games with him. May i ask if he, i-is here?" He asked politely with a light undertone.

He watched the black haired women's lips started to curve a smile. To think of it, the more he looked at her, the more resemblances of Hyunjin starting to come clear in his sight. Thus, he had the idea that this was his mother.

"ahh my baby boy has actually brought a friend over! This is very lovely" she exclaimed with full joy whilst Jeongin just nervously chuckled at it since he was genuinely curious and confused at the statement.

"I'm Hyunjin's mother and yes he's upstairs, in his room"

She told him before letting her hand off to Jeongin's soft cheeks only to pinch them gently out of her slight excitement. Of course, Jeongin didn't mind that the mum actually welcomed his presence but it was still able to make him feel a little shy that his cheeks started growing red.

"Nice to meet you, Jeongin, wasn't it? Oh my god you are so cute! Wait, aren't you the one that Hyunjin has been tal-"

"MUM!"

Just when she thought she could finish her sentences, she, including Jeongin— immediately jumped when the anonymous scream interrupted their whole conversation.

But when it was visible to his eyes, Jeongin slowly lifted his hand to his chest length. He vaguely gave a small wave for Hyunjin who just popped out of nowhere. The elder just smiled at him in return until he heard his mum's hiss.

"You, young boy, please don't shout behind my ears like that ever again"

Sighed Mrs. Hwang, turning her body around to face the boy and pulled his right ear up, causing him to wince in great pain.

"Ow ow ow, okay okay! my bad--"

He cried, while Jeongin was secretly tittering at the scene until Hyunjin's mum casually turned her head back at him with a smile.

"Sorry that you have to witness that but come on in, sweetie"

She said as she retreated steps away from the door's entrance, creating  a path for Jeongin to walk in. As soon as his feet touched the inner tiles, Hyunjin gently closed the door shut before finally heaving a sigh of relief.

His eyeballs then followed her mum's figure who's now dragging Jeongin with her towards the kitchen without consent. Leisurely, he forced his legs to follow, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"You know, Jeongin? Today's your lucky day~ I made some strawberry cupcakes earlier. I'll serve some for you, come come!"

"you don't need to do that really, ma'am"

Jeongin replied, watching his steps carefully. "It's rare to see a friend of Hyunjin's to come over. Just try some" Mrs. Hwang cooed, sitting Jeongin down on the chair and swiftly opened the oven to take out the dessert.

The brunette smiled in defeat, softly sighing.

"alright..then"

Hyunjin huffed some air in his mouth, looking at Jeongin whose eyes were already on him. Rather than being uncomfortable, he could tell that Jeongin was feeling ecstatic.

The older latter shrugged his shoulders at the reaction with a smile, leaning his arm against the entrance frame. "She's always like this, don't mind" he whispered as he mouthed those words out, causing Jeongin to giggle. 

God, just how much Hyunjin loved the small little giggle that possibly could make him fall for him twice. He snickered, little blush was covering his cheeks but it wasn't too obvious. Thankfully.

But soon, he noticed that there was something that caught his attention. There was actually one stuffed paperbag sitting in Jeongin's lap. Out of curiosity, he asked,

"What's that on your lap?"

He asked, pointing at it. Eventually, that question was able to catch Jeongin's attention from taking a bite of his cupcake.

"Ah, yes.."

He paused as he began bringing the paperbag up and put it on the table, "I just thought it'd be nice if i bring something. So i bought some chicken buns. I don't know if you'll like it but..please eat it, Hyung" at the end of the sentences, he lowered the tone of his voice when he felt that his cheeks were heating up slightly.

"Oh of course, it's one of my favourites! Like, literally. Thanks Innie"

Hyunjin exclaimed with a pair of sparkly eyes. He quickly walking closer towards the boy with a wide grin only to take one of the buns. Meanwhile, one of his hands made its way up to ruffle Jeongin's locks.

"Mhm, but treat me another time too" The brunet said, plastering a sly smile on the face.

"Nope."

"Jerk"

"Yup"

Watching them in silence, Mrs. Hwang couldn't help but beamed a radiant smile. Due to how much she's gotten used to seeing her son locking himself in his room for 24/7 hours, seeing him has finally able to socialize happily, laughing and play around like this just sent her at ease.

'that's a cute pair right there'  she thought, softly chuckled to herself.