Chapter 18: The Hellgod's Tale Part 2

Kong POV

During the School Festival, Kath made friends with some of the senior years and while she was waiting for Trae, she stumbled upon the oracle booth, which was ridiculous to her. Out of her curiosity, she went inside, and met Lucy, the oracle.

It strikes odd to Kath because she looked around in her early thirties. She wore a dark-red robe that touches the ground and had a headband on her dark brown hair. Kath texted Trae that she was in the oracle booth.

The oracle ball was glowing white as Lucy told Kath that her life was about to change and cannot avoid what's destined for her. It sounded pretty cool at first.

When Trae came into the booth, the ball had been tainted black. "And you too, you will lose what you hold dear, and you will become the worshippers of the dark. You will be their savior."

"Maybe you've read it wrong." Kath gave her an underestimating look. Then, Lucy grabbed her hand, and the world around her swallowed into something horrible. There were crumbling buildings, the sky turning red like blood, darklings flying across the sky. Screaming wizards and humans could be heard from every corner of the city.

Pain shot through her mind, jerking her hand away from Lucy. She screamed and gasped. "What was that?" She couldn't control the fear in her trembling voice.

"How could you?" Trae said at Lucy.

"This is not the future I wanted to see." Kath muttered.

"This is one future you cannot stop," Lucy replied, her forehead sweating. Her eyes flicked at Trae. "You have no idea how dangerous you are. You can fight it but your color will never change a shade."

Trae hauled Kath up from her seat, and the couple walked away from the oracle booth. The next few days, Kath had been researching about the prophecied hellgod, and she only found one literary text from the oldest archives in Ravika University's library.

The prophecied hellgod was foretold in the 13th century by the demon, Abbadon. And she came up with the conclusion that it would only be Trae Marvel. You will become the worshippers of the dark. You will be their savior.

After that, the scene shifted into the Gear Hearts building where a senior, a new friend of Kath, named; Andi was giving her some love advice.

"But how can I ask him to go to Graiville?" Kath told her. " I have to show him that I'm important. I have to prove it."
"You are important, Kath." Andi smiled genuinely.

"I don't know." She shook her head, the thought of the prophecied hellgod was out of her mind. "I don't know if I am."

"You'll know it when you're dead." Andi joked.

"When I'm dead?" Kath echoed Andi's words.
"Let's not think like that. There's no point stressing over your love life. Trae's a nice guy. Just do what you can."

Kath slung an arm on her shoulder. "Thanks, P'! Being all wise than me."

"Trust me, Kath. You're already doing things great without even trying. But seriously, you should practice with him when using his magic. I've watched him fight during practices."

She took a long moment to answer. "I'm trying. It doesn't work."

"See? You should tell him, give him time to control his magic." Andi said.
Just then, Trae and another senior, Rex stepped out of the Gear Hearts officer's door. Andi called out to them.

"Well, well, if isn't the girls." said Rex. "Why are you guys here?"

"Waiting for you." said Andi. "And..." She flicked her gaze to Trae, and she grabbed Kath's arm. "Kath wanted to say something to you in private."