Chapter 29: He Knows

Arthit POV

Juno bid his farewell at us after the war. And the gems had been taken back to him. The Scythe melted into molten gold when he removed the gems.

"I realize We've made an honest mistake." Juno said. "The gems nearly destroyed the world we've created and loved."

Juno ushered me to the side of the building. "Arthit. What I've given you earlier is a gift. You're a Celestial user."

"But I don't want its power."

"You have a good heart, Arthit." Juno said. "You deserve all the credit."

Juno gave me the Astronomical magic which increased my speed, my stamina, my senses. That was why I was able to kill Pytro. Aside from the fact that he was gravely wounded, this power was god-level.

"I'm already strong." I muttered.

Juno traced his fingers along the pillar, he faced the collateral damages in the city. Smoke emerging in the distance. His back to me. "If you tampered with the stability of all the realms. You just don't open another realm but also all the frightening ones. It's a concept that will make all the universe collapsed."

I hesitated. I wasn't used to hearing answers that he wanted to ask without games or tolerate him so they could trust him. "So, you mean that..."

"There are other unnamed evil beings way powerful than us; the gods." Juno said. "You and the hex user had the ability to tear and protect this realm. And keeping the gems, it's for the greater good."

Finally, I asked; "And is this realm safe?"

"You just saved it. Without the gems, it's safe." Juno said with a gentle smile. "I could walk into realms. Trust me, you don't wanna know what's beyond this world."
I stared at him and smiled. "I suppose that's fair enough."

****

I ducked through the doorway and entered the hall where several dead bodies had been placed. Dark hunters helping the guardians moving them from one place to another where it had space.

At the far end of the hall stood Prem. He was studying the buildings at the distance. The bustling city would be resumed later. "A beautiful city, isn't it?" I stood next to him.

"Getting some idea that you would stay here?" He asked.

"I think I will go back in Ravika." I answered. "Would you like to come with us?"

"Look, Arthit, I could never atone for my sins." He chuckled as he glued his gaze to the floor. "I would never get to graduate. Knot would've been graduating too, but people like us..."

"Hey, you do." I put a hand on his shoulder. "You just have to find yourself again. It could be hard but you will."

"Thanks." Prem looked at me and genuinely smiled. A real one. A sense of relief and joy washed over me. "Wish there's a way we could tell Knot that we stopped the war."

"He knows. He knows that we did."

3 days later

Khai and I returned to Ravika and we were busy compiling our requirements. We were at the top of the Gear Hearts building. My legs tucked under me, gazing out to the very familiar buildings.

"What are you thinking about?"

"The world will never be the same." Oh shit. Now, I sounded like Kong when I visit him in his house. I recalled what Juno had said. "I can't fathom that the reality that we defeated Trae. Kong and I are happy but it's like there's something missing, and I know what." It was the first time I ever spoke heart to heart to Khai ever since I can't really remember when. "I was thinking..."

"About what?" Khai looked up at me.

"Graduation." I said with a small smile. "What would it be like for us after this?"

"The world isn't perfect, Arthit." said Khai. "Very few people had the courage to save the world, and we did. It might have left a wound. But all that matters now is we have to move on."

I didn't entirely look happy. "I feel like...the future is still unknown."

"The future is still unknown." He repeated as he slung an arm around my shoulder. He was so energetic that I almost fell off the roof. "But you don't need to worry. About work. About what's after this and that. Live in the moment. Seize it. As long as you have us, we've always got you. Come on, Arthit! We're graduating." He threw up one arm in the sky. "This is our last hurrah!"

Classic Khai.