Chapter 27: Mystery Freaks vs. Trae

Arthit POV

"I'm gonna shred this earth down with blood." P'Trae said. The eight of us circled around him. We were ready to attack."But for the meantime, I'll settle with all of you."

"We're all stubborn," Khai shrugged.

"And we're gonna kill you." snarled Kong. 

"That's fine by me." P'Trae studied his little brother's face, mildly annoyed. "You can't fight and protect this realm. Give up already!"

There was a sound of immense tearing in his muscles as his built expanded. His limbs growing. Trae spasmed. He was screeching and circling from the pain. It didn't last. 

Seconds had passed and he loomed over like seven feet. He was a humanoid with red skin and black marks around his body. Two black horns bending backward with slightly forked ends. 

His pupiless white four eyes glowing with anger. "I am a hellgod. I will have what I want...and none of you will ever take it from me."

There was a flicker of hurt and anger in Trae's eyes. And for a second, I sympathized that he had lost the only friend and the only person he ever loved.  I looked at my friends, searching any signs of fear.
There was none.
We broke into Trae. Swords clashed. Magic defense and offense into a shower of sparks. 
I saw Chimeras soaring and more demon slayers from the corp had come. More faeries and wizards swarmed the gates. 

Tine stamped his fist on the ground, and time slowed. He tried to attack Trae but the hellgod was immune to his time magic. He knocked down Tine to the ground with a swing which causes Sarawat to open his hand and negated the gems. A small flashing.

It was no use. The gems were powerful. Khai's wind magic burst from his hands, and Trae dodged it immediately. Third jumped out of nowhere, bringing down the sword. Trae's scythe ascent and it met the blade.

Third was gritting his teeth hard as he pushed the sword until it shatters into tiny shards. Trae snatched Third's neck. I heard a scream somewhere. Kong and Khai leaped out,  but Kong was first to swing the Hellbreaker down.
Trae let go of Third, he fell on the ground, coughing.  Khai, Pete, and Kao charged. The force of their magic sent Trae staggering back. I swept at his back as my right hand glowed in celestial and my left in shadow. Using that form again when I fought him in Phuket.

Then, all of us were dueling him. All battling and giving their hardest hit.
Trae gripped hard on the Scythe, and it shimmered black. The Shadow gem. A Dark magic shot so close to Kao, missing death just three inches away. 

"NOT MY BOYFRIEND, YOU BASTARD!" Pete growled. He threw off himself, his hand became a silvery blade, striking at Trae. Jets of black lightning sparking around Pete's arms. The ground around us rumbled and cracking. 

I felt like I was invisible, torn between attacking and yet It looked like Pete could handle it. 
"What will happen if I kill your boyfriend?" Trae taunted as mad as the joker from DC. "You two are just dead as Lowie."

Pete's eyes flared at the memory of his deceased best friend. "YOU—WILL NEVER HURT—MY BOYFRIEND—OR ANYONE EVER AGAIN!!!!"

He gathered black lightning to his metal hand, forming into an arrow shape. It produces a sound reminiscent of chirping birds as he convened a spell that I wasn't able to clearly hear. Then it cast down at Trae's chest. 
Smoke billowed out from the impact.
A shivering silence suspended around. When the smoke vanished. Pete was gasping as he tumbled back on his butt. Then Trae was also standing at the other side. Pete's magic didn't pierce but it caused a fatal bruise on Trae's shoulder.

Then, he turned to Kong. 

Kong POV 

"I don't want anyone's help." I declared. At my side, P'Arthit was about to protest but he understood quickly. "It's got to be me."

"Do you think it will be you? That would kill me?"

"You have made a lot of people suffered, P'Trae."
"I told you once, brother." said Trae. "That there can be no victory without sacrifice. And that's what I did."

"Yes. P'Kath did everything to prevent the prophecy from happening, but you let it happen. You chose to be evil." I said. "That's why she cursed you. She cursed that there would be people that will stop you. And that's us."

"What childish dream is this?" P'Trae's eyes didn't waver from me.

"P'Kath did love you." I said. "And you were too blinded by your hatred."

"I shouldn't have brought you back from the dead." Trae hissed.

"Yeah." I said. "Huge mistake."

"You're just fighting to kill demons. That's your purpose, Kong. But your hellgod slayer magic will not stop this apocalypse. Soon, there would be no magic." said Trae with malicious pleasure.

"I'm not fighting to kill demons. I'm fighting for one reason." I trudged, the Hellbreaker burst into flutters of crimson flames. Our friends shot me a worried look. I was pissed, and when a slayer is pissed. There would be no one left alive. "I'm fighting...to give meaning to those lives you took. The lives you ruined. I'm your karma, brother. AND SURE IT'S GOING TO END YOU NOW!!!"