Chapter 28: One Final Stand

Kao POV

I headed into the alley where Pytro had been and he was still there, staring at the huge portals in the distance. Pete and Khai went to the north while Sarawat, Tine and Third went to the south. And as for me, I already had planned something in mind.

The alley stank of sulfur, and fire. Pytro was sitting with his elbows on his knees. "You came for another fight?" He said as he lifted his eyes on me. 

"No." I replied as I involuntarily faltered my steps across him.

"Then you've come to surrender?"

"You do know after this, Trae would give you the satisfaction to rule whatever part of this world." I began.

Pytro, despite all the wounds and bruises, laughed. He seemed to be hopeful and in a good mood. "Yes."

"But you do know that he has his own specified goal."

Pytro's eyes flickered towards me. He frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"After he recreates reality. After he finished bringing back the girl he had lost." I said as I weaved the formal tone Ash Knight had embedded into me. "You and your demon armies will be nothing. You see, he is just chasing his own happily ever selfish after."

Pytro's eyes raked up and down on me. "He is the prophecied hellgod. This is our home now."

"You're just another puppet to his strings, Pytro."

"Fool." He hissed. "You can't convince me that he would betray us!" He flung a stone at my feet. 

"He has betrayed you the moment you guys trusted him. Or rather he has all the power when Abbadon foretold it. " I said. 

"Don't lecture me, little wizard!" A blue flame flew straight but it didn't hit me, it had gone past my ear. 

"The demons will follow Trae but you wouldn't be."

"It would be us" He corrected. His smirk turning brittle. "Two hellgods reigning earth."

"If you win this war." I breathed. "You will be nothing but Trae's prisoner." 

"Tedious little wizard. I am a trickster! I cannot be tricked!" Pytro bellowed.

"Right, the irony of it." I scoffed. "The hellgod of trickster being tricked."

Pytro roared at me but he stopped himself from attacking. I grinned when he looked away, reconsidering what I've said. 

Kong POV

"You're dawning into a new world, Kong." P'Trae said as I gradually rose when he hit me with the scythe. He had thrown me in front of the main building. Blood trickled at the corner of my mouth. My stomach clenched at the tinge of pain. "This world will crumble into dust and mine will come. The demons will be imprisoned. Along with the other hellgods."

He whirled and swayed down the scythe. I jumped sideways and blasted a crimson flame at P'Trae.

Someone cried out. There was an arrow flame shot between us. I faltered and looked over at where the arrow came.

Dad was standing a few yards away. "Enough! Is this what you really want, Trae?"

"Dad..." P'Trae muttered in disbelief.

"Dad!" I called. "Dad, get out of here!"

Dad's eyes shifting between me and P'Trae. "You both listen to me. Enough." Dad looked over at P'Trae as he started walking towards him. It took everything to make me hold myself. It was like we were kids again, and Dad was just scowling. "Trae, the casualties of this war...you've killed so many people. Our people."