Chapter 22: Hero's Promise And Undead's Regret

Third POV

"What do they call this?" I asked.

Khai sipped from the water before he glanced at me. "War of the realms. Trae claimed it. So does Two."

"Can we really do this?" My voice weak. Mom and Dad was in the battlefield too, as some of the Gunslinger clan was there. Cousins that I hadn't seen.

"Hey." Khai took my hand and intertwined it with his. "We're going to make it. This is our only chance."

I gulped down huge bile in my throat. "I'm afraid."

"You are Third Gunslinger." Khai smiled softly and he put his hand to my cheek and lifted my eyes to him. "You are a fighter. You are more than the swords you summon, you are my best friend, you are my lover, and you are beautiful and lethal combined. Be glad of your fighting spirit. Pity those who don't have the courage at all."

That brought up a few sparks in me.

***

The four of us met Tew, Oak, Bone, and M at the lobby. They all looked nervous and thrilled to be a part of this team. The Mystery Freaks had been a big part of my life too.
This is my family.

"All of us have been through so much for over a year. We lost...the people we really loved. We lost our friends. We lost a part of ourselves. But before we get the hell out of college, we have to make what they have sacrificed worth it. What they've made us promise. And now, we're making one. We've already lost so much because of this prophecy." Kong said trying to steady his voice as he looked at each one of us. "This the fight for our lives."

Sarawat POV

"Yes, Sarawat." The god smiled at me. "We've met again."

"Why would you show up in your form?" I said incredulously. "And you dealt with a dangerous vampire?" I pointed at Clara.

She was just smiling as if she had been praised.

"Clara Aetherius was the only person capable of betraying the prophecied hellgod. It would not only mean that the gems would rewrite or open portals. Us, gods, as well will disappear from the face of this reality." Juno said, the light from the sky contrast his golden eyes with specks of white in it. "I may be the only god that could help you in the meantime, my brothers and sisters are too afraid to face one god..."

"Pytro?" Tine suggested.

"Indeed." Juno nodded solemnly. "Pytro was a former god too, he got power-hungry, well, more hungry than any of us. He wanted to be acknowledged by inferior beings."

"How many are you up there?" I asked.

Juno smiled, close-lips. "The member of Templars consists of five major gods. Yashi, the light god. Akurama, the fire god. Indra, the sky god. Phosop, the nature god. I'm the celestial. I could only interfere with what transpires on earth if it's gotten worse."

"And you're here to help us?" I said in a dazed voice.
His eyes bounced from Clara to Tine and back to me. Clara broke the silence. "Yes he is!"

Tine rolled his eyes.

Tine POV

"You have to be careful, darling." said Mom.

"Well, er, thanks mom." I said.

Although she wasn't really my biological mother, I found her exhausted unable to express her feelings properly. After I opened my mouth once or twice, she said. "You think I really don't know what they're capable of?"

I was astonished at her, being soft.

"You didn't just ruin my life, you know." She said in a much smaller voice that it sounded she felt pity for me. She fished a silk pink handkerchief from her pocket, wiping her blood off. "That demon made me really angry, and I was blinded by my rage. I wasn't pleased that we took care of you, but that doesn't mean if you're gone, I would be happy. You were just a kid. And that regret...only sharpens the pain. Don't make the same mistakes that I did, Tine. Use your magic wisely." Her fangs had shown a little. Her gaze went past behind me. "Your...boyfriend probably knows that being a vampire is a curse."