Chapter 3

Everyone returned to their home after a long hectic shoot.
Shreya was still in her make-up room, at the Film City.
Praveen and Sanjay went in search of Shreya to drop her off home.They found her in her make-up room, sitting in a corner without getting ready to go back home.
Praveen knew that she was low right from when she came back after Akash's surprise. He was shocked to see her being worried, without being happy for the amazing gift Akash gave her. He saw her face was really dull till and decided to confront her.
"Dai Sanjay, nee Priya va kutitu veetuku po, nan Shreya va nan drop paniren."
"Bro namma serndhu porathatha thana plan panirnthom, vanga serndhe poidalam nanga wait panuvom". Said Sanjay in a confused tone.
"Paravala da, already romba late aiduchu pavam Priya romba tired ah iruntha. Nee avala kutitu kelambu. Nan pathukuren".
Without uttering any arguing word, Sanjay agreed and went back.
Praveen closed the door and went to confront a dull Shreya.
He lifted her face up, her face covered with dried tear marks.
"Papa enna da aachu unaku? Inikki nee evalo santhoshama irukanum, aana nee enadana azhuthutu okandhutu Iruka?. Nan nee stage la irunthu varumbothey pathen, antha award and Akash kudutha surprise vanguna santhosham unta suthama illa. Enna than aachu? Enna prechanaiya irunthalum annan ta sollu ma".
Her voice started to shake.
"Onnum aagala nae, vitrunga nane apram seri aiduven konja nerathula"
Praveen wasn't convinced.
"Illa, ipo nee ennanu sollama namma poga porathu illa."
Shreya started to Tear up.
"Anna, when Akash told it was surprise, I thought he was going to propose me finally. I know, I was foolish to expect something like that from him. I should've thought about him, being with him for the past years I should've had the sense to think how he'll love me. didn't expect anything from him till today, but I guess I was really stupid expecting something like this and now I'm the one disappointed."
Praveen didn't know what to say.
"Inga paru ma, you weren't stupid or foolish. It's normal, when everything seems to come to place, few things slip and that's what happened right now please don't take it to your head. Everything will be alright soon, and what did you say about him loving you? What is there not to love you?".
"Illa na, avaroda range ku nan set ahvena and he's handsome, styling and look at me, I'm not that attractive or beautiful either."
Praveen totally lost his cool.
"Who told you you're not beautiful? Who told you you're not attractive? And most importantly, love has nothing to do with looks. It's all about the heart and personality. Thayavusenju stop confusing your mind with these stupid stuff. Nee avanta irunthu expect panirka koodathu than, aana it isn't your mistake. Now stop worrying and let's go home".
Shreya didn't want to argue back. But she was still hurt.
"Yes anna, The trust and love I had on him made me blind to expect. I'm sorry I made you upset."
"Illa ma, I didn't like seeing you down. I love my thangachi as the child like goofy kid. I want to see her back. Bring her back somehow".
Shreya started laughing
"She's right here, laughing in front of you"
"Avalo than, va polam".
Shreya and Praveen left.
Rakesh and Akash were driving back to their home.
Rakesh was in hell on anger for Akash's behaviour. But he didn't want to show him until they reached home.
When they both reached home he shut the door with a loud bang.
"Macha methuva da, orey naal la kathava odachu kaila kuduthuruva polaye." Akash tried to change his mood.
"Dai unaku enna patha epdi da theriyuthu? Illa kekren. Comedy panra nerama ithu!" Shouted Rakesh.
"Seri sollu, unaku ipo enna than prechana? Nanum car la irunthu pathutu than varen kovamave Iruka. Enna aachu unaku?".
"Nee than da en prechanai!"
That statement shocked Akash.
"Dai na ennada panen? En da ipdi kathra?"
"En da nee Shreya ku propose panala?"
"Nan than sonen la da atha pathi kekatha nu."
Akash didn't talk about it at all. But Rakesh wasn't ready to leave it yet.
"Apdi lam vida mudiyathu da. Unoda life,and en thangachi oda life. Apdi easy ah vittu kuduthutu poida maten."
"Onum Ila da vidu."
"Ohoh, purinju pochu. Enaku purinju pochu."
Akash was confused
"Ah! Enna purinjuruchu unaku? Nan onnume sollalaye."
"Unaku public ah media and audience ellar munadiyum propose panna virupam illa, athu nala nee naalaiku nadakapora namma private success party la propose panna pora athana? I knew it macha sorry da ayo nee vera level da."
"Ah un aasa."
Rakesh murmured "enna en dialogue ah enake solran."
"Apram enna than da?"
Akash couldn't hold it any longer.
"I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship da. Pothuma?".
"Edhey!? Not ready for a relationship ah illa not ready for a relationship with Shreya va?"