Chapter 10

He attended the call without any interest.

The voice on the other side didn't sooth him like her voice did. Instead it made him irritated.

The caller spoke up.
"Hey achu!"

"Hey" he replied without any expression.

"Apram epdi pochu audition? Did you get the role? Epo shoot st-

"Calm down Riya! One question at a time please."

"You sound gloomy. You didn't get the role did you?"

"Yes."

"I knew it."

"You knew what?" He asked shocked.

"I knew you won't get the role"

"What do you mean?"

"Achu, haven't I told this to you hella lot of times? Cinema isn't for us, and especially you. We're from a middle class family and you know It's just politics what that is. You won't get  anything from there. How much ever auditions you take, you're gonna fail. You're never gonna make it there achu. Acting is just a hobby for you, not a passion. You played few roles in school drama club and you expect yourself to become a hero in the big Kollywood industry? You're not what you think! I miss you achu, I miss us! This long distance is killing me. Just come back here and take up your dad's business. You'll become rich in 2-3 years, then let's get married and set up a family for ourselves. You're not gonna earn anything from there. Please! I love you, and you mean so much to me.!
(Author and audience be like:- Huh, Being rich thana means so much to you! Athuku ipdi oru uruttu vera)

That's when Akash totally lost his cool.

"Will you stop it Riya!? Do you even have any idea on what you're saying? Have you ever even considered my passion? My dreams? Atha pathi lam epoyachum yosichurukiya? Yeppo paaru rich aaganum, salary vanganum, settle aaganum. Atha thavara vera ethuvume theriyatha unaku? Do you even understand how much you hurt me in the name of help? Ithula I love you, you mean so much to me vera! If I mean so much to you, my dreams must too! That's what true love means. Unaku money than mukkiyam na go and marry some rich business man and settle in life!"

He heard Riya crying from the other side.

"Riya look, I'm sorry. I understand you miss us, and being together but I want you to understand that I wanna settle too, I wanna have a family with you aswell but I wanna do it after I achieve my dream. Athuku enaku un support romba theva. Please enna purinjuko. I have zero interest in taking up Appa's business. I don't want the identity Seetharaman's Son Akash. I want my own identity, my identity as "Akash Kumar". Ithana varusham poruthukuta la, innum enakaga 1-2 years poruthuko. Kandipa nan oru hero va than thirumba varuven.

He said this, apologized to her one last time and abruptly end the call without waiting for her reply.
He knew hearing her reply will only make him fume in Anger all over again and end up in big problems. His mind which was bright a few minutes ago, became blank and dark once again. His mood was completely spoilt. He was irritated to the core. Even though he apologized to Riya, he didn't regret anything he said. She seriously messed up his good mood.

"Cha I was finally smiling after a heartbreak and here she is, making it worse back again." He thought to himself.

He drove back home with his mind ringing with Riya's words.
"You're not what you think".
This broke his heart to million pieces.

He unlocked his house, went inside shut the door with a bang, throwed his keys on the couch, went inside his room, and went in for a warm shower to calm his nerves and loosen his muscles.

Whilst in the shower his mind recollected everything that happened today right from knowing that he got replaced. That's when he heard a song from the neighborhood.

"Koodathey koodathey innal mudiya koodathey,
Pogathey, Pogathey ennai nee thaandi Pogathey".

His mind quickly reminded him of the little woman he met, who changed his mood and made him laugh and blush effortlessly. She was like a little firecracker, spreading light- positivity & happiness, aswell as sound- well not the ones which irritate you, but the kind of sound which makes you calm and comfortable. She was indeed a Kutty Pattas.

His lips curved to a smile on reminiscing memories of her. He wanted to know more about her, spend time with her, nevertheless not knowing her for that of a long time, he felt really comfortable and warm in her presence. He himself was curious as well as confused how he got along with her well, and how her much she affected him.

"She's such a unique one, huh to be precise- magic."
He thought to himself.
He came back to the living room, placed his car keys in the respective holder and switched on the TV to relax. Without knowledge, he fell asleep in middle.
-------------------
Priya's House.

Here on the other hand, Shreya was tossing and turning over the bed. She was staying with Priya, as her parents were out of town for a recording. Her brother from another mother lived in the same apartment, the door next to Priya. So her parents were more than relieved on leaving her with them. Priya and her brother Sanjay, who is Shreya's best friend were living in the 3 bedroom apartment, which was more than enough for them both and the rent was quite affordable aswell. The 3rd room was a guest room, but  Priya changed it to Shreya's considering she spends half her life with them, in that room than her own house. Praveen living in the door next to them added to Shreya's constant visits to both their houses.

Shreya couldn't stop thinking about what happened few hours ago. She met him.

The man who has been her crush, for more than 3 months now. Well people say, if you're crush exceeds 3 months, then it's love. But in this case, Shreya was crushing over someone who can never be hers. So she brushed off the feelings he had for him cause, it's natural for her. She had n number of celebrity crushes and Akash was just another one of them.

But meeting him, was a dream come true moment for her. He looked effortlessly handsome in that white tucked in full sleeve shirt and a brown pants and black shoes. She totally was lost in his eyes.

She couldn't help but blush the way he called him "ma", complimented her singing, and got emotional on her simplest compliment. She totally didn't expect him to be this down to earth. Duh, she never expected she'll meet him!

It was like she was living a dream.
A magical one.

The sudden knock on door broke her trance. She opened the door to see Priya standing there with a cup of hot chocolate.
It was drizzling, and the climate was perfect for hot chocolate. She ignored priya, took that hot chocolate in her hands, went near the window, sat up on the chair near.

She enjoyed the drizzle with her favourite drink, with the memories of her so called crush Akash, and humming Sirikadhey song.

********

Hello makkaleyy! Romba naal kalichu update la? So sorry, I took a little break from social media for family function and social media includes Wattpad aswell, atleast to me😅.
So couldn't update. Unga veetu pullaiya nenachu manichurunga pleach!
Long update as the previous one was very short.

One special mention and thanks to Mathikrish ! You're comments make me love my story even more. Thank you so much means a lot!

And hope you liked this chapter. Will update the next one soon!
Do vote and comment!! Your comments are my boost 💜

Tata !
Stay happy and Stay Kulukulu ☃️❄️