𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

WHEN PEOPLE HEARD THE NAME 'BELLE MIKAELSON' THEY WOULD IMMEDIATELY THINK OF THE IMMORTAL, REMORSELESS, LOVELESS VAMPIRE WHO KILLED ANYONE WHO DARED TO DEFY HER

WHEN PEOPLE HEARD THE NAME 'BELLE MIKAELSON' THEY WOULD IMMEDIATELY THINK OF THE IMMORTAL, REMORSELESS, LOVELESS VAMPIRE WHO KILLED ANYONE WHO DARED TO DEFY HER. To the world, she was the monster even the devil herself was afraid of. But to her family, she was just their sister who wanted nothing more than to protect her family.

You would think by the her name, her voice, her face that she'd be kind and loving. And for a time, she was. She used to be both of those things, but her parents took those traits and broke them down piece by piece until the pieces were to small to break.

She used to want nothing more than to find love, start a family, be happy. But now? She couldn't dream of having those things. She never thought she deserved it so she never thought to even attempt to be open to it. Deep down, she wanted that. She wanted to love the way Rebekah could, but she didn't want to have her heart broken they way Rebekah did. And so, Belle never found love.

Long ago there was a very powerful witch and her viking husband. The witch and her husband had lost her eldest daughter and in his grief, the husband pushed his wife away which led to her to turn to another, a powerful werewolf alpha. She soon learned that she had been with child, only the child was not her husband's.

Months later she had given birth to a wonderful baby boy and named him Niklaus. Her husband, Mikael stopped pushing his wife away and was overjoyed by Niklaus' birth but more importantly, he never suspected the truth.

After three years, the witch turned back to her secret lover and soon learned she was once again pregnant with his child. Months later she had given birth to a little girl. Mikael was full of joy. He had lost is eldest daughter and the gods were kind enough to grant him another one.

Years later, more of their half-siblings had been born. But to their knowledge, more of their full siblings had been born.

Niklaus decided to bring their youngest sibling Henrik to watch the wolves, unknowingly leading Henrik to his death. His death led to a series of events. Whether they were fortunate or unfortunate was debatable.

Their mother, Esther, the very powerful witch sought to save them from suffering the same fate as Henrik, so she used her magic to turn them into demons who feasted on the blood of mortals. Freezing their aging. So while the people around them aged, they didn't. Leaving Belle stuck at the age of twenty for all eternity.

After making their first kill, Niklaus and Belle had activated their werewolf gene, which led them to find out Mikael wasn't their true father. Trying to make up for her mistake, Esther bound their werewolf nature, denying them access to their true selves.

Mikael didn't think that was enough. Days later, he killed their true father Ansel by impaling his stomach and left him at the center of the wooden pole. That act led to a war between species that still rages to this day.

Out of anger and to Belle's knowledge, Niklaus killed their mother and made Belle swear to secrecy. For a millennium the truth remained hidden. That was until a nosy doppelgänger and an alcoholic history teacher found a cave that told the story of the Mikaelsons.

But before the truth was discovered, Belle and Klaus broke free of their curse and successfully became hybrids. And while Klaus was obsessed with making hybrids, Belle transformed into a wolf many times.

She enjoyed it. The freedom after the pain of turning, the enhanced smell of grass, running through the woods for hours at a time. At first when she had broken the curse, she was terrified of opening this new part of herself. But when it had broken, she, in a sense, felt like she was home.

Months after turning into a hybrid and staying in Mystic Falls, they get a note from Katherine Pierce that told them someone was plotting against Klaus. And that is how Belle and Klaus found themselves back in a city that brought them nothing but pain and suffering.