𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter four:dark paradise┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter four:
dark paradise
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Sophie exclaimed. "No way."

"It's very simple." Rebekah rolled her eyes. "We need you to preform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." The Devereaux witch reminded them with annoyance in her tone.

"You left out a key detail when we made our deal — Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is doing magic." Belle drawled.

"Girl about yay high, cute as a button, anger issues." Rebekah listed.

"Davina?" Sophie said in awe. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know." The blonde sighed. "The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind."

"Let me cut to the chase." Klaus cut in, "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

"Davina would sense it." Sophie pointed out."

"Unless, of course, another witch — say, a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example — was to preform much more powerful magic at the same time." Rebekah said lowly. "That would create a smoke screen concealing your very small spell from Davina."

"Katie doesn't deserve to die."

Klaus angrily slammed his hands on the table. "Sophie Devereaux...you're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategical losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been once step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister executed in the public square for practicing magic — who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." Sophie stated.

"And why, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend Thierry."

"YOU'RE RIGHT. HE'S GOOD." Klaus complimented Thierry's musical skills.

"Right? 'Music Man' I call him." Marcel chuckled. "Ladies love him, but he's spoken for. He knocks around with this pretty, little witch, says he loves her, but I don't know."