𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter seven:the red on my face┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter seven:
the red on my face
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

KLAUS, ELIJAH, AND BELLE SAT IN THE LIVING ROOM, READING. There was a woman on the coffee table, dripping blood. She was used as a peace offering between Klaus and Elijah.

After Elijah had convinced the witch Davina to free him, he returned and obviously was not happy with Klaus.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah questioned, waving her hand around.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus smirked.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus."

"And what's this business?" Rebekah pointed to the body on the table.

"This is a . . . peace offering." Elijah never glanced away from his book.

"Belle, you just let them do this?"

"I try to stay out of their . . . dramas." Belle smiled, taking a sip from her coffee mug before looking back down to her magazine.

Klaus sighed. "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth. Not this nonsense."

"Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?"

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet." Rebekah said, clearly annoyed.

"No, actually." Belle piped up. "I placed a cup where the blood drips. The carpet stays clean, I get a snack for later." Belle smiled.

"Well, unfortunately some blood got on the carpet before you placed the cup." Rebekah sighed. "And we need a new coffee table."

Hayley walked through the room and into the kitchen, her hand resting on her stomach. Belle narrowed her eyes at her for a moment before looking back to her magazine. Klaus narrowed his eyes at his sister before returning to his reading.

Belle sighed. "I'm getting a snack. Do you want anything while I'm up, or are you going to ask as soon as I sit down?"

"No," Was all Klaus said.

"Okay, then." She drawled before going into the kitchen, where Elijah had already been.

"Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" Hayley sighed, closing the fridge.

"Speaking of, add bleach." Rebekah said, carrying cleaning supplies to the living room.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you in my absence." Elijah stated, glancing at Belle.