chapter eleven

oxi

oxi.  immunity.

         Nathan was right. Revenge was a very filthy and rotten road to go down. Incredibly filthy.

One moment, she's slaughtering the Wolves, the next, they're slaughtering her. More like trying to. There was so many of them, and so little of her and her friends. To add, the nonstop aggression of infected around every corner. Marlo knew why she was standing beside Ellie Williams on this journey, instead of kicking it back in Jackson. She was there to support her and her objectives, as well as to be that anchor of normalcy. It's just hard when the people that did all the damage made her just as angry. Nobody fucks with Marlo Austen's friends and gets away with it. But this situation was sticky, and becoming much stickier.

           Her eyes had just witnessed the work of a bloater. The soldier had tried shooting the thing, but it was no use. It just made it worse. The creatures boils had bursted, releasing an acidic toxin that did tremendous damage. The wolf screamed from the burns, dying while his skin fell of the bone. It was only a matter of time before they had to encounter the thing. There was never a stone left unturned.

         The girls dropped from a hole in the ceiling, into an empty broken down room. She could hear the grumbling of the bloater in the other room, along with an early stage infected. "Ugh, that ugly motherfucker." Marlo grimaced, concocting molotov cocktail as quiet as she could. He wobbled into their room as soon it heard. They couldn't fuck this up, because if they did, they'd be dead. Right before it could entire, the brunette waisted zero time. She threw the bottle at his rotund swollen body. It shattered, the alcohol allowing the heat of the fire to spread all of its body. It groaned loudly, alerting the other infected to erratically run inside the room. "I got 'em! Keep your eye on that thing!" The brunette exclaimed, pulling out her hand gun from her thigh. She aimed at their heads, shooting at them until they were down.

       "Fuck, there's another one! Watch out!" Dina cautioned, pointing her shot gun at it. Marlo didn't have much time to make another molotov. "Ellie, do you have molotov in your bag?" The brunette raised her voice, with anxiety behind her words. She shot at the other bloater, being that the two of them were their only issue at the moment. The red head nodded, running into the other room. Marlo called for Dina to follow. It was probably best to get them together, to eliminate them all in one go. They only had a few seconds in the clear, so as soon as she got the chance, her hands were on Ellie's bag. She unzipped it, shuffling through all the crap in her bag. She found a bottle with the rag already inside of it. Her hands found a lighter in a smaller pouch, lighting it. It ignited the white cloth, just as they wobbled into the room "Here we go..." She threw it in between them, ensuring they both got caught aflame. The girls beside her began shooting at the engorged creatures.