chapter two

oii

oii.              forget about it.

             The tunes of an old mixtape occupied her ears while she poured herself some warm tea. She's been stressing about what happened the night before, she could barely even sleep. Her hair was laying frizzily on her shoulders, a pair of headphones pushing her hair back. The blue hues under eyes exposed the lack of sleep she had the other night. Marlo just hoped the caffeine from the tea gave her some sort of boost.

             Across from the kitchen, her sister was sitting in the living room with her feet elevated. She had been complaining about her swollen ankles non-stop. The younger sibling gripped on the warm handle of the both the cups and walked over to the tweed couch. She handed it to her expecting sister, before sitting beside her with a humph. "You look like you got hit by a bus." Domi snickered, taking a sip of her scorching tea. Marlo's brown eyes were attached to white snow outside her window. She removed her headphones, glancing at her sister. "I might as well have." She sighed. Not only did she feel guilty for kissing Ellie, she also felt bad for leaving. She probably needed her, but instead she fled because she felt like shit. Nice move, Marlo. "I should have known, though, right? Seth is dick, he's always been." She chuckled, sipping her warming beverage.

           "Right, but this isn't your fault. It's his fault, it's always been his fault." Dominique addressed, keeping right eye contact with her sister. The two may have argued a lot, but they were still sisters. And it took everything in her body not to immediately run out to that mans house as soon as she heard. Kindly, Nathan offered to run out to the Tipsy Bison as soon as it opened to have another word with him. The first incident that had with Seth was at one of those party's a few months ago — back when Domi was newly pregnant. They had made their announcement together, her and Nathan, but for some reason Seth had a problem with it. He blamed it on intoxication, but that was never a good excuse. From then on, the couple decided on not attending those parties to refrain from the stress for the baby. "Yeah, I know."

             It couldn't be denied that Marlo had felt something for Ellie Williams. It was just difficult for her to smartly act on those feelings — whatever they were. Last night she did, though, and in no way was it smart. She just wanted to take it back. Maybe, she had lost focus for a moment. That witty, auburn-haired nineteen year-old made it easier for her not to hate that place. She made it less boring and lifeless; with her jokes and obsession with space. Marlo sighed, setting her half cup of tea on the coffee table. "I have to start heading to the horse stables. My shift is in five minutes, and if I don't leave now I'll be late." She reached on the side of the couch, grabbing her dusty black boots. The girl slid them over her maroon fuzzy socks easily, standing up to grab her thick coat. It was black and suede on the outside, with a warm inside of sheep's coat. "Okay, stay warm out there."