five

I was awoken slowly by a woman screaming. Ah, my alarm.

I cracked my neck, stretching my shoulders back and looking down at my lap where Arson lay, staring up at me. I smiled softly at him, stroking his orange fur. AK was in the passenger seat, asleep. He slept a lot.

I sat up straighter in my seat, making sure not to disturb the cat in my lap, and grabbed my phone. I had notifications from Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Discord, Reddit, all that. First, I went onto Twitter, seeing that I'd been tagged in a few tweets. There was a photo of me asleep in my car with AK and Arson asleep on top of me. It was a little creepy, but I guess it was ok, they hadn't put photos of my number plate or anything private, so I wasn't gonna get them to take it down. It was already everywhere anyway, so I probably wouldn't be able to get rid of it anyway.

I replied to a few things, just saying hi, all that. Then a young girl, probably fourteen, came over to my car and waved to me through the window. I smiled at her, deciding to say hi. I picked up Arson and set him down next to AK. I opened the door, making sure not to hit anything. The girl looked like she was going to scream, she was so excited, a smile stuck on her face. She had Corpse merch on, way too big for her. Excitement bursted through her, she went a little red in the face, laughing a bit to herself.

"I'm sorry," she laughed, going more red, "but, I have been watching you for so long now and you've helped me through so much." She honestly looked like she was going to cry.

"Awwww, c'mere," I smiled sadly at her. She quickly wrapped her arms around me, I hugged her in return. This was the first time I'd ever been recognized by a fan in public. She was about the same height as me, even though I was probably about four or five years older than her. I wasn't short, but I wasn't tall. I was about 5'8", average height I'd say.

After both pulling away from the hug, I remembered about the whole virus and stuff. I'd been fully vaccinated though, so it shouldn't have been a problem. The girl was smiling so wide, she honestly looked so happy.

"Sorry," she apologized again, looking sheepish. "Do you mind if I post photos of this, my friend was actually in the car taking pictures. I'm so sorry that I didn't say anything."

"No no, it's fine," I smiled. "Do you mind if I post pictures of this; this is actually the first time I've been recognized in public by someone," I laughed, feeling my cheeks heat up a little. I wasn't very confident when meeting new people, I knew I would be thinking about every detail of this and what I should've done for the next week.

"Of course!" the girl grinned, taking out her phone and going to the camera. "Could I-"

"Yeah, yeah," I smiled at her, leaning in smiling for the photo. She was so excited, she literally put her hand over her mouth, reminding me of Karl and Sykkuno.

"Thank you so much, I hope you have a great time over in Bognor." The girl smiled once more and started jogging excitedly back to her car. I watched as she greeted her friend in the backseat with grins.

After getting back in my car and cracking my neck, I got a notification from being tagged in a tweet. I tapped on it, knowing it was probably from that girl. Surely enough, there were pictures of us hugging, and the picture that she took on her phone with me. The caption read, I just met Y/N, they were so nice, they hugged me and everything, I can't believe this @Y/Nbutimhigh.

I smiled and liked the post, retweeting it and saving the photos to my phone.