The Secret Garden

Here is the bench beneath the apple-trees, whence the white spring is shed in slow, caressing petals.

Has anybody read the book starred by Mary Lennox? A lady who is migrated to London from India. The context of this story brings your imagination to the garden of eve, that it makes you think of extra ordinary things you can see in a garden and how mary made friends to a total stranger and believe on things that are really unbelievable.

That book made Alexa love gardening. She started planting sunflowers and place a bench across the plant box so she can seat in front of it every morning. She waters the plant everyday and make sure it gets enough sunlight, after a month it grows and even a small glimpse of its leaves made her happy.

Alexa is living alone, she moved to Florida because she wanted to be independent. She works in a book shop around the corner and earning enough for herself, she graduated Management in hotel and restaurant but she insisted to put her learnings aside and pursue working in a cheap bookstore.

She placed the last book to the shelf and retreated herself to the counter, adjusting her eyeglasses and started encoding all books arrived. "Elsan's, good morning!" She greeted without looking to the person entered the bookstore, she never dared to look who that person is.

"Do you have books for mythology?" The man asked when he cannot find the book he is looking for. "Uhmm? Are you looking for Norse greek mythology?" She asked still without looking at him, "yeah, I actually need it for school." He answered, she look for the book in her computer to check of she have it in stock "Got it! Its on lane 3 shelf 6" she said looking at the guy for the first time, she was stunned and her hands started to tremble "thanks! You somehow looks familiar, did we met somewhere?" The guy infront of her asked, she looked away and said no.

Two years ago Alexa moved to florida from the Philippines because of some family problems and now seems that her problem is running after her.

The next day she sent an email to the book store owner that she is leaving the Job for some urgent matter that she can no longer work with them.

For some instance, she don't want to meddle with her family's problem anymore. She wanted a normal and peaceful life.

ALEXA

I stood up from bed and started heating the pot for coffee, the sun went up again today and what's different is I have to look for another Job again. This disgusting family feud makes me feel sick and I never been to a job more than a year because of them running after me.

I walked to the window and looked out, I saw my flowers blooming and the started to grow higher. I looked at the seed in the table and turn off the stove, transferring the hot water to my mug. I took a deep breath and picked up the seeds and my mug and started walking out to my garden, I placed the mug in the bench and picked up my gloves and shovel.

As I started digging I remembered my Mom, she loves gardening and to be honest she have a wide range of flowers in our backyard and I also remembered her face flooded with tears when she saw me walking out the house. I know she hates me leaving but I cannot live the life they wanted me to be,

I don't wanna get married.

In philippines ...

"Marcos!" Old man shouted and a man in his suit busted in, he stood in front of him and looked down "I want you to keep searching for Dimitrio's daughter and bring her here dead or alive, that bitch knows too much and she ran away when the marriage was made. Make sure young master will never find out about that woman." He said and the man hurriedly left the office.

He looked out the window and saw a car came in, his son went wild again. He looked at his watch and it's almost sunrise, he worked hard for this heir and make sure his empire will be undefeated but that woman broke his boy and left a wasteful life.

He was once the Son all fathers dream of, genius, independent and wise. He handle business like fragile, he is well disciplined and never gone wild. His ambitious personality lead him to met Dimitrio Lopez CEO and owner of one of the biggest company in the philippines. He offered a great deal that his son wanted to have and when they agreed for a partnership, Dimitrio also agreed for his daughter to marry his son for business. The first time he saw Alexa, the woman is a reincarnation of helen of troy. He never saw a beauty like her, he looked into his son and he saw how his world started to revolve to her but unfortunately the woman never knew his son or even saw him in person. That simple photograph of her changed his son's whole life.

The marriage was supposed to be done, requested by his boy but that bitch was heartless and a witch. She flew out of the country after she heard the news and now that her family is under my control she has no where to go.

I will find her, no matter what. The world is small after all and if she refuse to marry my son, she is good as dead.

I looked out the windows again and saw my son sitting on the floor drunk and wasted.

************************************

Hi readers!

This is my first book,

The story doesn't refer to any person or places but only made for fiction.

No copyright infringement.

Please excuse my english, it is not my first language. I am open for any comments and suggestions.

I hope you'll love it.

I do expect bashers but please remember there is no perfect things in the world.

Thank you and God bless you all..

Catrien❤️