The White Garden

For even so, we shall still keep our eyes with which to gaze on the day that follows night, and to see the dawn and the sun shed their radiance on life, and make a wonderful object of the earth.

ALEXA

What is nice about hot choco is when the snow falling to your roof..

Its been a week since Luci left and also the last call he made was when I was at the Home.. I wonder how he is doing, I tried calling him but his phone is unattended..

I sighed

I looked out the window and saw that my garden is covered with snow but it's beautiful.

I feel sad, I stood up and wash my mug at the sink and opened my laptop. I checked for any stock market update and I saw L-Corp National stocks on the top, I invested in stock market as well under Allop Clothing line. That is my first business, I make clothing designs and order from abroad for all the materials but I have somebody manage it since this business is associated with my father's company and I don't want to be find out that is why I let somebody manage it and let income deposit in my bank. I initiated an online shopping for Allop that is why most of my clothes are delivered from them.

I saw my stock raise up second after L-corp, I smiled and turned of my laptop.

I stood up and pick up my bag, I thought of going to shopping for some groceries.

There's a lot of grocers today maybe because its saturday, I pulled a cart and started making my way to the vegan options.

I picked up some soy milk when I saw a kid trying to reach a box of fresh milk, "there you go, where's your mom?" She smiled, "thank you, she's over there!" She said and I looked at where she's pointing, I saw a woman standing at the next lane and when she turned around I saw my world crashing after me. I walked fast away from that kid and hide behind some boxes, I hurriedly took some tofu from the fridge and pay the groceries at the cashier after that I ran to my car and drive away.

That woman is my cousin, they don't know where I am and that kid don't know I'm her aunt.

I stopped driving and cried,

I miss my family, my mom, my cousins, I miss my dad who never think to marry me off.

I start driving home and park the car in the parking lot, I went directly to the kitchen and unload my groceries. I decided to have sweet and spicy tofu tonight so I placed some of the tofu at the freezer and the other block at the chiller to keep it chilled.

I turned on the TV and to what I never expected I saw my brother's face, he is getting married. I am not surprised our father loves to give us away for business and I am happy for him, he is going to marry the woman he loves and merge their business as the same time.

"Oh! Never saw you watched news.." a voice said at my back, I turned around and I saw the most handsome face I ever seen..

I smiled and hugged him, "hmmm, I missed you.." he laughed, "I missed you too, wanna have lunch?" He asked, I turned off the TV and we walked out of the house. There is a restaurant nearby so we don't need car to get there, we walk holding hands. "Oh! I haven't seen Leo, he didn't come back with you?" I asked, "Nah! He got a lot of stuffs to do at home, he will be coming after few days.. " he said smiling

I ordered coffee and some vegan burger while he ordered a wine and a steak. "So, how was business out there?" I asked, he looks tired and he kind a like loose some weight.. "hmm? Business as usual, hard to predict.. how about you? Did you tire yourself with gardening?" He asked changing the topic which is obviously he doesn't like to talk about.

I smiled a little, "I didn't tire myself gardening.. haha.. I just you know, I went back to the office and did some paper works.." I said, which made him stop eating and bluntly stared at me, "you did what?" He asked, I laughed "I said, I went back to the office and work.." and started munching my burger, "I told you to take a week off.." he said surprised, I placed my burger at the plate and looked at him, "Mr. Luther, I am not used on just staying at home and you see I have a lot of work left in there and I don't want them to pile up.." I said and picked up the burger again, he just sighed "alright but next time let me know.." I stopped eating again and said "well as if I was the one whose phone is off" and there he got off handed..

We walked home silently like nobody wanna break that silence, He seriously don't wanna talk about what happened in the Philippines..

LUCI

I told Leo to handle the business and I fly back to florida. Father keeps asking me about Alexa, where to find her and how to find her, I am pissed of him trying to drive my life. He didn't know I fled back to florida.

I drive straight to Alexa, I saw her watching the TV. Her asshole brother married Lyra Tiu of Tiu family, their father is after their business and told the manipulative son to marry Lyra, what a wonderful story.

I invited Alexa for lunch and to my surprised she ordered burger only to find out it's vegan, this woman knows where to eat. She keeps on asking me of events back in the Philippines but I am not happy to talk about it because of my asshole father and I know she got mad about it and maybe because of my unattended phone.

I got some gang war happened there and I have to keep my phone off, my father's eyes are on me and I don't want him to find out something.

When we got to her house my phone rang, "Leo?" I answered, "Luci, you have to send Alexa away, Leonardo found out you left for florida and he's coming after you.. He gave an order not to allow you go back there until that woman is found." And the call got disconnected.