The Fairest Garden

Although we saw this bright garden, wherein we pass silently, flower before our eyes, it is rather in us that grows the pleasantest and fairest garden in the world

ALEXA

After planting my new seeds, I started updating my resume. I heard there is a new office located nearby who is looking for a secretary, I've been in the book store for almost a year and my qualifications are perfect for this new job.

"L-Corp National"

Haven't heard of it, pretty sure this is something new.

After sending my resume, I went straight to the bathroom. I turned on the faucet in the tub to fill it in with water, I took off my dress and about to take the bath bomb when I accidentally saw my reflection in the mirror. My skin is white as milk, smooth as a silk and, my hair is black as my eyes, and I run my eyes down my body, it is a definition of a goddess however I wonder I never had a suitor or a boyfriend or somebody to date.

I took a deep breathe, I remembered my father again selling me for business. I never felt to love on my own, I don't want to marry somebody I never love or knew at all.

I threw the bath bomb in the tub and slowly dipped my body into it when settled, I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

I woke up in the load noise from my phone, I got up from the tub and reached for my phone which is just beside the tub.

"Alexandra Lopez speaking"I answered, "Hi Ms. Lopez, this is alicia from L-Corp National and I would like to invite you for an interview today, if that is okay with you?" The caller, " oh! Yes, that's wonderful alicia, I'll be there in an hour." I said.

After the call I got up from the tub, drained the water and showered. My body is relaxed and ready for the interview, I walked into the closet and pulled out a pencil skirt and a polo shirt. I have to look impressive since I was planning to make this as my permanent job, it pays well and pretty sure I will not be exposed outside most of the time since I'll be in the office. I slip on my black pumps and walked out the room closing the door behind me and locking the back door connected to the garden, I walked out of the house locking it behind me and unlock my car.

I bought the house and the car when I first moved in, well at least I still have the money I saved from my mom before my father cut all my financial support. My mother made sure I can live without my father's support in case I decided to leave their custody, she already seen this outcome herself.

I drove 3 streets away from home, it seems near maybe some other days I can walk to the office to save up some gas.

I stood in front of elevator, the building is new but I never thought they would build a 30 storey building considering I never heard of this company before, if ever it is associated with some other popular companies.

When the elevator opened, I pressed 25th since according to Alicia that is where I will be interviewed. When the elevator stopped I stepped out and look around, I dont see and tables around but doors. I am about to get my phone in my bag to call alicia when the door at the right opened, "Hi, are you Ms. Lopez?" Asked the lady in a peach dress, she is small and slim and looks like somebody in highschool. I nod and she signaled me to come in, she directed me to sit down at the chair infront of her table and she sat on the other side.

"By the way, my name is Alicia.. I heard the elevator ding so I assumed it was you" she said and smiled sweetly,she asked me several questions and told me I was already hired and she oriented me with all the rules and regulations, she told me I don't need a tour since someday I would be doing that alone. She also gave me a folder and told me to study it tonight since I will start my secretary duty tomorrow and she can't introduce me to the 'BOSS' because he is not around and he don't like introductions.

After the interview she brought me to the office across the elevator and show me my table. Inside the office there are two doors, at the center is the boss' office and the left is the comfort room for me and just across the door is my table. The table is a little bit big for a secretary and it looks like a front desk in a hotel.

After a few hours stay in the office I went home. Alicia said I have to be in the office 7 in the morning since Mr. Luther always arrive 7:30. I prepared dinner for myself and ready for bed, I have to sleep early to feel energize on my first day. I pick up the folder alicia gave me and oped it, it is the lists of Mr. Luther's daily routine.

Mr. Luther arrives at 7:30 am sharp and he must have his coffee on the table exactly 7:30. His coffee should be black with one teaspoon of sugar and no creamer, and his schedule must be reported to him as soon as he arrived. 8 am call regular department heads meeting in the meeting hall, no lates are permitted. During the meeting all things discussed must be summarized after the meeting and all scheduled deadline for documents must be followed up.

L-Corp National specialized in restaurant management around florida and all northern and western america. It would be easy to understand the work around since I graduated into that field.

Next morning, I woke up 6 in the morning and went straight to the bathroom and prepare to work, I decided to wear a navy blue pencil skirt dress and blue pumps. I went straight to my car and decided to make a drive thru to a neighbor starbucks for coffee and bread and drive straight to the office.

I arrived exactly 7 am, I fixed Mr. Luther's schedule and prepare all files for signature in his desk and heated the coffee brewer for his coffee, I am about to leave his office when he busted in and when straight to his table, thank goodness the coffee is ready so I poured it in his cup and served it on his table. I picked up my folder with schedules when I had a glance of him, he wore a navy blue tux without a neck tie and one button open. I expected an old man to be my boss but to my surprise I saw a young man in his thirties in a very slick hairstyle, well ironed tux and strong facial expression.

I got back to my senses when I heard him slammed the table, I hurriedly hold the folder " good morning Mr. Luther, My name is Alexandra Lopez and I am your new assistant.. your schedule for today is 8 am department meeting and the rest you have a restaurant visit with the auditors for the rest of the day." I said and look down, I waited for him to say anything but nothing came so I looked up and saw him starring at me, I blushed and to my surprise I feel some urge inside me. That look is melting me, "ahmm, excuse me Mr. Luther, I'll be outside if you need me." I said and hurriedly left his office.

I started calling all the department heads and prepared the meeting room, by exactly 8 am the room is filled and the meeting start as expected each department have reports and I summarized everything after the meeting. Mr luther went straight to the elevator after the meeting so I breathe comfortably, I saw all the files he signed in my table and started working.

LUCI

My name is Lucifer Luther, I am the king of Luther family and I am the heir of Leonardo Luther from the Philippines.

My father started the empire in the Philippines and I managed them well until he ordered me to build an office here in florida, he forced me to buy a cheap building and assigned me here. I was doing well there, in fact I am the Boss but as a son I respected him too. I missed my life there, my every night bar, women, being drunk all night, I have been loving those routines recently a way to forget a painful failure of love.

"Mr. Luther, we have arrived" I heard leo told me, he is my Butler and my buddy too. I stepped out of the car and walked inside the building, I know it is another bullshit day to me. I hated flying back here but I have no choice, I have an empire to build.

I hated looking at my bitch secretary's face so I'm glad she's not in her table, I wonder what will make her quit. I went straight to my office expecting Alicia to serve my coffee but to my surprise, I saw the face I never expected to see. It is like my office was filled with flowers and the sun suddenly brighten it up, I slammed my table to feel pain and I realized I wasn't dreaming. I stumbled her by doing that she started to give me my schedule, I cannot stay with her any much longer, its killing me inside.

She is the death of me.

************************************
Hi there!

Probably every body knows who is luci?haha

Am I a suspense killer?

Im not starting yet..

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Please like!

Catrien❤️