The Frosted Roses

How happy we are still and proud of living when the least ray of sunshine glimpsed in the heavens lights up for a moment the poor flowers of rime that the hard and delicate frost engraved on our window-panes.

ALEXA

I woke up late beside with this man I don't know why he is here. I got up and went straight to the bathroom, I wet the towelette again and went back to the bed. He is still burning hot, he knocks in my door midnight full of blood but no open wounds, I wonder where he got those blood.

I tried to call Leo but he is also out of reach so I took care of him instead and let him sleep in my bed so I could monitor him.

I was about to go back to the bathroom to shower when I heard a knock, I went straight to the front door and checked the peeping hole and I saw Leo. I opened the door and let him in, "I was trying to call you last night, Luci was here and I don't know what happened, he is soaking with blood and some of his body parts has bruises" I said as I pour a coffee for him, "he is still as sleep, at least he haven't had any open wounds.. what really happened last night? He just left me doing the audits without saying anything and just came knocking in my door with blood all over him.." I said sounds complaining.. "yeah, he will be fine.. just some games gone bad." Leo said and there goes the devil himself walking in the kitchen, he hugged me from behind and kisses me from the neck and that gives me tickle..

"Are you mad at me walking at your door?" He asked in a baritone voice, I move away to get a mug for his coffee, "actually no, more of worried because you are soak with blood." I said without looking at him and he just laughed, "you can take a rest from the office for a week, I'll be leaving to Philippines today for some important matter.. do you wanna come?" He asked, I looked at the garden outside, I saw snow in some of my flowers, I smiled and look at him, "no.. I'll just stay here, I have some cleaning to do out there.." I said sweetly, I saw him pout and stood up.. "alright then, stay safe here." He said and they left, I never noticed he showered. That is somehow I noticed the smell of my shampoo, I thought that was me.

I wash our mugs and took a bath after that I wore my gloves and started harvesting the lettuce, I placed them in the basket and transferred the roots to the pots and placed them inside the greenhouse. Sweep some falling leaves and clear the path for the snow next coming days, gladly I placed a roof for the margaritas in case the snow went thick.

I went inside the green house and cut some red and white roses, I will give it to Ms. Woodster later. It's been a while that I haven't visited her in the home, after wrapping the roses I started cooking the lasagna and when I heard the oven dings I pulled out the pan and let it cool for a while, I picked up my bag from the room and keys. I placed the pan in a green bag and walked to the parking lot, I gently placed the flowers and the pan beside me and drive out to the home.

As soon as I arrived, I parked at a nearby entrance. I saw a care taker stood at the door and smiled, it was charles. "You didn't call you're coming today," he said and helped me with the pan, I smiled back "well, I haven't expected some extra time today." I walked to the hallways and saw Ms. Woodster sitting at the porch, "Ms. Woodster" I called her, she looked back and smiled when she saw me, "oh my dear Alexa, what took you so long to visit me?" She gladly said hugging me, I gave her the flowers and that made her smile more. "Oh! Thank you, you never stopped making beautiful roses aren't you?" She said while looking into it.

Ms. Woodster loves gardening too and she knows how to check if a floor was store bought or not. I knew her when I volunteered to be one of the care takers here, this is my first job when I moved in florida. She is a sweet old woman, she doesn't have kids neither a family.

"Guess what Alexa, I got a handsome visitor last time.. he told me that he is my sister's son, I never knew my sister live! I really thought she died in a shooting 40 years ago in our mansion.." and there goes the story started again, she told me her family was part of a mafia before and she had a older sister who runs it when their father died in a car ambush with their mom.. " and I think you should meet my nephew someday, you two would look great together.." I heard she said, I smiled at her, "Ms. Woodster, I have to go.. I brought you your favorite lasagna, you can have them for lunch.." I said and stood up, "oh dear Alexa, thank you for spending some time with me today.. I hope to see you again and you could meet my nephew.." she said and I bid goodbye..

As soon as I got to my car I got a call, " Luci?" I answered, " Have you got lunch?" He asked, "oh no, not yet.. I visited a friend here in a home, Im driving back now.." I answered and turned off the call.

As I drive home, I made a drive thru to a vegan restaurant and bought a wrap for myself. I miss my mom's lumpia, it is a finger food my mom usually make for me, she stuff it with vegetables and fry it.

I took a deep breath and park my car in the parking lot.

LUCI

"Lucifer!" My father's voice boomed, I looked at him, "I was trying to discuss something here and you are not in yourself!" I heard Leo smirked, "Make yourself comfortable with your decision" I said and stood up, I saw him sighed as I closed the door.

I walked up to my room and sat on the bed, I looked at the wall where I saw her face painted on it. I smiled and I call her, I missed her for a few hours..

"Luci, we need to visit the warehouse.. they reported some problems in some of the deliveries.." Leo said standing at the door, I sighed and stood up.. "you are crazy in love brother.." he said as I walked across him..

I walked down the stairs about to leave but I decided to go to the kitchen and saw my mom in there, "oh! My unico ijo.. I missed you" she said and hugged me, I miss my mom too..

"Have you visited your aunt Lisa in the home?" She asked, I nod in yes "I will be visiting her soon too.." she said and to my surprise, I pushed her and said, "oh! No mom, I'll let you know if.. if florida is already safe to visit.. you know, our business is too hot right now and uh.. it's better to be safe.." and kissed her forehead and left,

But in her mother's eyes, she knew her son is keeping her some thing

************************************

Thank you for reading!

Please like and comment!

God bless and stay safe everyone!

CæTrïên ❤️