him.

00:00, 28 June

His eyes were the one that I loved the most.

It felt like I was getting lost in space ㅡ beautiful marbles of hazel brown, the rings on his irises represents angel's halos. His eyes held millions of stories that were yet to be told.

I can't help but wonder if one of the stories would contain our tragic love story.

The man that slipped the ring onto my finger will soon be lying next to someone else ㅡ smiling at his two daughters just like he had planned for us both.

Once I let go of his soft hands, everyone else would be racing for him ㅡ it wasn't too late for him, but it was too late for me.

He was a step closer to becoming an idol, just like he had excitedly gave me stories about training with his fellow colleagues, about the survival show that he was going to participate in.

Without me in his way, he would be able to have everything for himself ㅡ he would finally reach his dreams without anything much holding him down.

And when that time comes, I'll be in my usual seat, sipping on the same coffee, writing with the same pen, writing the same letters and saving them in the same folders ㅡ just the same old routine.

But I would be an independent woman by that time.

I'd be an independent woman that had learned love was something that also meant pain ㅡ a pain that demanded to be felt.

I would be someone who grew something out of a broken heart.

And when that time comes, I'd be happy to tell myself that I'd done the right thing ㅡ to make the man I'd loved happy.

I had always been a sucker for sad love stories, a beautiful love wrapped in a tragic nightmare ㅡ but I'd never thought we'd end up being just another sad story to tell.

The tears rolled down my cheeks as I put up a shallow smile, I was finally ready to let him go.