sixteen.

07:15, 29 June
The last day

I clutched the brown envelope that was rested infront of me tightly.

Sunghoon was still in a deep slumber, and I didn't want to wake him up before I left ㅡ the mere thought of seeing him with his beautiful eyes connected to mine scared me.

I just know, that deep within my heart, I'd always go back to his in arms every matter of time.

The mere idea of him definitely resembles waves ㅡ that I was a boat in the middle of an island and he was the one that that would sweep me away.

The papers remained untouched, I gripped the pen in my hand. I had thought about this all night and there was no going to the other way anymore.

Letting go like this would be better than having to face him and regretting every single thing once again.

Sunghoon fed my whole soul with all the good things the entirety of mankind could've thought of.

That is something to be really grateful of.

But if I just kept holding onto his hand, my mind would be twisted into thinking that he was the man I would ever want to love, my encompassing version of something perfect ㅡ a little too perfect.

So I deeply sighed, ignoring the tears that were starting to roll down my cheeks, and with my trembling hands ㅡ I planted my signature on the multiple pages.

I was on the edge of pain ㅡ our marriage was over, just like us.