A Future Choice

~{ 4.1 - Fight On! }~

Airi ran off crying, with Haruka following behind her. I took a deep sigh, which Honami seemed to notice.

"Kiyotaka, are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, I just find these things troublesome."

"Do you not think your words are too harsh? I get that they were being unreasonable, but wouldn't to say you think nothing of her be harsh?"

"Airi needs to grow up, she became too infatuated with me, she only really opened up to me before the group came together. She needs to learn the harsh reality that not everything revolves around me, she joined the group because I was in it in the first place. She needs to learn to open up to others, without me. The only way to do that is for her to become disillusioned with me." I sighed once again. "Airi is like a bird who hatched from it's egg, it became free and experienced love for the first time in it's life. However, life isn't that simple. The bird has to overcome many challenges, it needs to learn how to fly, and it needs to learn how to survive in this cruel world."

This cruel world, a world where you kill or be killed. A weak baby bird that has hatched, cannot fly. At any moment in time, they can become prey to a hunter. A baby bird cannot always rely on it's mothers love, as they can fly off and abandon it to escape the hunter. They have to learn how to fly, how to be free and protect itself from it's hunters.

Airi, who is only depending on it's love for another, will not be able to protect itself from this world. She needs to move on from this love, and strengthen herself. This way she will be able to survive in this cruel world.

"Kiyotaka, are you having another internal monologue?" Honami started waving her hands in front of me, taking me out of a trance.

"Oh, yes I was."

"Okay, I'll let you finish then." I then started thinking again.

I, who has never experienced love, was able to survive by adapting myself quickly, I learnt to fly from the moment I was born. I was a white bird flying—but I wasn't free, I was trapped in a cage known as the White Room—the freedom that I have gained here, can make me finally make me fly, and open up to love, hopefully.

"Okay, I am done with my monologue."

"I bet you were having a monologue about being free or something."

"That's half of it I guess, how did you know?"

"You would always talk about being a normal student and having a peaceful life. From what I know, you had a bad past, and this school is like freedom to you, right?"

"I guess."

I unlocked the door to my room and we entered it.

"So, do you have anything you want to talk about?"

"Yeah, earlier, when we were at the ramen shop, Nagumo-senpai wanted me to break up with you."

"Ah, right. I'm aware of how Nagumo-senpai's... lusts after my body. The only one I would give my body up to is you." She covered her mouth in suprise. 

"Hoh? Is that so?" If I could, I would be giving off a smug smile right now.

"Ah! Um... You're hearing things, Kiyotaka! Ehehe..." She gave a nervous laugh. I could tease her even more, but I decided not too.

"Moving on, Nagumo-senpai is highly likely to do something behind the scenes, whether to my class or yours. Maybe both. I'd like for you to tell me if he does anything suspicious, even if it's a threat, I'll do something about it."