Spring Day

"First week of Spring Semester."

The wind blew past strongly, making you tightly grip the letter-sized paper in your hands. After reading the content out loud, you folded it and shoved it in your brown backpack. You stood beneath the bus stop's shed, wriggling the sleeve of your striped sweater to reveal your phone and its clock. Looking up the blue sky, you heaved an irritated sigh.

"[Y/N]!"

Turning your head, you instantly rolled your eyes.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!—"

"I'm not surprised, Jimin."

Jimin halted on his tracks with an apologetic smile on his face. Catching his breath after a quick sprint, he let his fingers run through his hair; a habit you noticed he had. Actually, you figured he had a lot of habits;

— and one of them was being late to almost everything.

"The bus isn't here! I guess I'm not late." he grinned at you. A scowl crept into your face and it immediately elicited a giggle from him.

Jimin looked adorable, you unfortunately thought. It was hard to act mad around him when he was all giggly and drowning in his oversized blue sweater.

"But we agreed on a certain time and—"

As if on cue, the loud sound of the engine interrupted you; signaling the bus making a turn to the stop.

"— you could've missed the bus." you continued, smirking at him with a glint of teasing in your stare.

The bus appeared in front of you with opened doors.

"But I didn't!" Jimin quipped back in a playful tone as both of you gripped your bags tightly and stepped into the bus.

Jimin beeped his transportation card before you dropped your own coins to the payment box. Your eyes scanned for seats and saw vacant ones at the back part. The bus was a bit packed despite the time being early in the morning.

It seemed like a lot of people were going to Seoul.

"You can have the window seat as sorry for making you wait?" Jimin offered with a hopeful voice as you walked to your seats.

"Oh, I'll definitely sit by the window even if you weren't late." you said playfully, taking off your backpack and attempting to put it up the overhead rack. Struggling to push it further, Jimin told you to sit already before handling both of your belongings.

You plopped down on your seat, excitement rushing through your veins as you peered outside the window. Traveling was a rare occurrence for you; only experiencing it during school trips. Even so, it was always a delight since seeing the world was a dream of yours.

"Enjoying?" Jimin asked as he sat beside you. Your shoulders brushed slightly, making you flinch in shock and glance at him.

"You know the answer to that." you chuckled shortly before turning back your gaze outside, "I've always wanted to leave the orphanage." you admitted, voice quiet. You wanted to keep the conversation between you and Jimin only; but it was partly because of your insecurity.

Jimin's gaze softened, leaning his head back on the rest.

"Originally, not like this but right now," you paused, staring back up at him with a small smile playing on your lips. "— I'm okay with it."

The hint of petulance in your voice didn't slip past Jimin's ears. Although it was only a tad bit present, he grew even more curious to what you were feeling.