Friends

"Wake me up I must be dreaming!"

"You keep on saying that." Jimin laughed at your flustered form.

The sky was questionably bright. Stars were no longer visible; and you thought the only reason was because of the cloud of smoke. As you passed by the neon shop signs, giant advertisement screens, street lights, and lustered office towers, your mind came to a conclusion.

Seoul was like one giant star, something you could only marvel at from afar when you were a child. Now, it was all yours; however, it was just one of the many stars you wanted to have.

Besides that, you still couldn't believe that you saw Jungkook, the most beautiful star you once claimed you've ever seen.

"Tae, I know we just met, but please pinch me."

Taehyung only snickered at your request as you walked along the pavements to Korea University.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you and Jungkook meet?" Taehyung carefully asked.

You sucked in a breath. It wasn't a big deal, subsequently overlooked during dinner. Most people have childhood friendships that eventually fade. It only became interesting to others when Hoseok accidentally pertained to you as Jungkook's childhood lover.

To you, however, your relationship with Jungkook was salient. Even if it only existed in the back of your head after life cut through, all of your memories with him still had the same effect of tenderness in your heart as he was the only person by your side for years.

"We're from the same orphanage." you revealed insouciantly.

"Really?!" Taehyung exclaimed, his rounded eyes going wider.

"Yeah, we were childhood friends." you chuckled at Taehyung's and Jimin's expressions of awe.

"Then this is crazy! You just got here!" Taehyung declared, "It must be... fate!"

The word echoed in your ears, causing your lips to tightly press together in thought.

"Fate."

Questions racked your head albeit amused giggles were spilling from your lips. Jimin shook his head with a fond smile on his face. The three of you stopped in front of Korea University and you easily got distracted by Taehyung's boxy grin. His words were swept away under a mat in your mind, as he undoubtedly regaled you with the way he said them, childlike and wondrous.

"Hm, maybe!" you playfully said, matching his vibe.

Laughter toning down, you glanced around to look for a bus or a cab.

"How are you guys going home?"

"We'll ride the bus. The bus stop is over there." Jimin stated, "Tae, go there already I'll follow after."

Taehyung easily caught on, nodding his head and waving at you. He had his signature lopsided smile, lips curled upwards while pressed together.

"Wait!" you quickly called out before he could even spin on his heel, "I should go with you guys and make sure you get on. I'm really really thankful for today."

"Oh, we'll be fine. I'll message our Kakao groupchat once we get home!" Taehyung enthusiastically said.

"You made a groupchat with me?"

"Of course! Hoseokie-hyung is part of it too!" He continued, "We're friends now, right?"

Friends

You spaced out on the word, eyes glistening and lips quirking in delight. A warm feeling surged from the dwellings of your chest, slowly nodding your head. You were pretty sure that Taehyung had already mentioned that you were friends before; but hearing it clearly, and feeling that you mattered to them, saturated the growing colors of the world to your eyes.