Know

"Jungkook?"

The whole place fell into sudden silence.

One second felt like an eternity; and it was enough for Jungkook to feel all kinds of emotions bubbling at the pit of his stomach. The amount of shock was evident on his wide doe eyes and gaped mouth. He looked at you like you were a supernatural being that was almost impossible to see.

Yet, you were there; standing before him with the same disbelief and awe written on his face. He was perplexed by how much you've grown; eventually thinking that you probably didn't know how much he has changed too.

The moment Jungkook's name fell from your lips, all memories and feelings of you and him resurfaced.

It only made his mind even more dazed.

"[Y/N]?" he replied unsurely. The cadence of his voice made him really sound interrogative and soft. It was as if Jungkook was talking in a dream, trying to differentiate reality from an overwhelming mirage.

A bright smile appeared on your face. The longing and pain you kept deep inside your heart momentarily vanished as a wave of relief washed over you. You've always wanted to check on Jungkook's well-being and thought about him at the most sporadic times.

Even after all the downsides in your life and your relationship with him, you've always seen Jungkook as a friend that you truly loved and cared for.

In that moment, you were happy.

"It's been so long!" you exclaimed, tackling him in a hug just like when you were kids.

Your embrace caught Jungkook off-guard, rattling his heart further. He froze under your touch and it sank into him.

You were no longer an imagination in his head.

Gasping softly, you realized that you might appear overbearing as you felt Jungkook gingerly wrap his arms around you.

In the back of your heads, discarded and denied, both of you knew,

— The warmth was familiar but it wasn't the same.

Stepping away from each other, Jungkook smiled at you coyly; in which you were compelled to return. Despite looking older— and you must admit, even more handsome—, his shy gaze and bunny-like smile didn't change.

Tears were threatening to spill from your eyes; until you remembered that the two of you weren't alone.

"Oh god, I remember now." Hoseok said out of the blue, disrupting the nostalgic but growing heavily tensioned atmosphere. His eyes were wide and lips in a pout, "This is such a huge coincidence!" he added after, animatedly gaping at the scenario.

All eyes were on you and Jungkook, making your hearts beat a tad bit faster. Turning around once again, you saw the outright confusion and interest on Jimin's face. You were supposed to go back to his side when a warm and fully sounded voice called your attention.

"[Y/N], it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Kim Namjoon, Jungkook's friend. I've heard a lot about you before." the tall man beside Jungkook said. Somehow, his nonchalance was calming; but definitely contrasted Hoseok's reaction.

He politely bowed and smiled at you, his dimples deepening at each side of his face. Overall, he looked gentle but firmly smart in his tawny brown hoodie and pants.

"You have?— I mean, it's nice to meet you too." you bowed, growing bashful at your sudden stammering.

Still, the whole situation felt surreal.