Euphoria

The corridor entrance was swarming with students.

They filled the wide space with moderate chatters and looks of excitement. Raising your eyebrow, you saw the bulletin board with a huge poster saying, "Student Exchange Program," written in bold letters.

"Ding~! Shift at Dolce Spazio~!"

Before you could pause and gawk along with your coursemates, you briskly walked away as soon as your phone notified you of your schedule in an adorable but automated manner. The words written on the poster vanished in your head, replaced with your pending work. Stepping out of the International Studies building, you felt the intense heat of the sun graze your skin.

The sky was ever-blue, vanquishing the clouds out of sight and hoisting the bright sun. Clicking your tongue in annoyance, you hurriedly jogged to the train station to avoid the humid breeze of the afternoon. You stood near the subway doors as you wiped off the beads of sweat on your forehead, caused by the sunny day.

Reaching the cafe, you exhaled an exasperated sigh and commenced with your usual shift of serving customers. You wore your black apron, forcing a wide smile on your face despite the taxing days that have passed with the ending semester, overflowing exams, and instant start of anew. The weeks have gone bleak with the same sight of the black and white minimalistic interior of the cafe, and the aroma of coffee beans brewing behind you.

Nonetheless, your eyes moved towards the sky outside the wide glass windows as you fell into a momentary daydream of your aspirations and joys.

Cling cling

"Welcome to Dolce Spazio! Wha—"

The tinkling of the bell triggered the cafe's default greeting to mindlessly tumble off your lips; until you blinked rapidly and directed your gaze and focus to the supposed customers.

"Minie? Hobi? Tae?"

They noisily entered, greeting you simultaneously with bright smiles on their faces. Wearing loose and streetstyle clothing, Hoseok and Jimin seemed like they just got out of dance practice and the sweltering sun drained them even more. Taehyung, in a shockingly casual white shirt, dramatically wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand, eyes directed at the menu above you.

As the three walked over, your eyes beamed in surprise as more footsteps followed.

"Namjoon..." you drifted off as the tallest among them, greeted you back with a polite smile, lips pursed and stretched across his face.

Suddenly, the white walls around you appeared radiant with the dandelion gleam of a summer afternoon. Moving your gaze towards the figure beside him, your mouth fell ajar.

"Jungkook?!"

His yellow shirt and bright smile matched the ambiance; the corner of his eyes crinkling in genuine delight. Slowly smiling yourself, you couldn't avoid the way your heart leapt in your chest.

Jungkook looked happy.

"We want ice cream, please!" he and Taehyung exclaimed enthusiastically in chorus.

"Ah, Jungkookie, I love their Mint Choco here! You should try it too!" Hoseok chimed in, draping an arm over the youngest and pointing towards the tray of flavored ice cream displayed in the frigid case.

You and Jimin watched Namjoon's face contort to a look of disgust, giggling subtly to yourselves. "I'll just get iced coffee, please." Namjoon proceeded to say.