Flaws of Society

"This is a superhuman society with eighty percent of us possessing some uncanny ability. Cities swelled with chaos and confusion following the appearance of these powers, and a new profession emerged. We call those who fight for justice and help others in need heroes."

-Izuku Midoriya

I sat there and looked down at myself, then looking back up at Kacchan.  He looked right through me, his face encapsulating an image of pure fear and disgust. I knew he was doubting himself, but looking at Izuku, he began to come to reality.

Oh, and by the way. This is the story of how I became the world's greatest threat.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "What do you mean the world's greatest threat? Somebody will stop you." No no no. Shut up and keep reading.

Today, I met my idol, the number one hero, the Symbol of Peace, All Might. He's saved thousands of people from harm. Ever since he showed up, crime rates have dropped immensely around the world. Being in his presence, feeling his radial power, was a unique experience. I've looked up to him since I was a little kid. I've always wanted to be just like him. A great hero. Someone people can look to for guidance and safety. But then something came up. I can almost still hear his words ringing in my head.

"Heroes are always having to risk their lives. Some villains just can't be beat without powers. So can you be a hero? Not without a quirk."

Right then and there, the hopes and dreams I've had for many years crumbled before my eyes. Of course it isn't possible. I was stupid to think it was. 

And because of me distracting All Might, later that day a friend of mine was attacked by a villain. It's not like I could do anything though. Because I'm quirkless. All I could do was stand there and watch as he slowly suffocated, until All Might stepped in.

I didn't see it until after a while, but Kacchan was the victim. The kid who had harassed me from when we were toddlers, the kid who told me to take a swan dive off the roof. I wanted to help him but how? Like I said before, I'm quirkless. 

I watched as All Might knocked the villain out with a single blow, and decided to walk home. It had been a long day, and I was tired. Here I am now, slowly plodding along on the sidewalk. I just want the day to end, I want to fall asleep and forget all of my troubles.

Just then I heard someone muttering in an alleyway. My human instincts forced me to slow my pace and look. There was a tall, dark figure, and it seemed he was looking right at me. A villain?! No, stay calm. Not everyone lurking in the shadows are villains... right?