New Recruits

"What do you want with me? Why am I here?" I stood up and puffed out my chest, trying to make myself feel bigger and more intimidating. I learned that from Kacchan.

"He's bold, I'll give you that." Lotion guy started scratching his neck. None of them answered my question and I don't think they will, either.

"I'm Tomura Shigaraki, but just call me Shigaraki, kid." Shigaraki held out his hand to offer a handshake, so I took it.

"Tomura, please don't-" Cloud man stopped his sentence short. After a moment there was a sharp pain on my hand. I looked down at it and it was.. disintegrating? I yanked it away from Shigaraki as he let out an odd noise, sort of like a laugh. I have to be more careful with these people. I'll write about his quirk later. Right now, I have to deal with my injured hand.

"Tomura. He's only a child, please be more careful."

"Relax Kurogiri, I'm just messing around."

"Don't worry kid, it'll heal quick. He's not all that strong."

"Twice, shut up before I dust you."

"I said it once and I'll say it again. Why am I here?" I rubbed my hand and looked Shigaraki straight in the eye.

"Do you have a quirk, kid?" I'm not going to get an answer am I? Now I have to think strategically. If I don't give him the answer he wants, or I ignore him, he's going to kill me with that awful quirk. If I tell him I'm quirkless, he could also kill me- no. The only way to get out of this is to answer his questions truthfully. There's no escape. I looked around the room hastily, there was only one door and it was locked. No windows at all.

"Um- uh, no.." I answered hesitantly. He gave me a weird look. I hope I didn't sound like I was lying, that happens sometimes.

"Twice, go find something for him to use." The man in costume, I'm assuming they call him Twice. He rushed out of the room. "Do you have combat training?" he asked with a hopeful tinge in his voice.

"N- no?"

"Kurogiri, help him with that. Maybe we can get the boss to lend him a quirk." A quirk?! That's amazing! Are there really transferable quirks? If I finally get a quirk, if I get out of here that is, I could become a hero! This is a pivotal moment- but why would these random people just give me a quirk? Something's up.

"You know that the boss will only give people quirks if he deems them worthy." Kurogiri stepped toward me and put a hand- uh, a cloud- shadow- hand on my shoulder. "Though I would be thrilled to assist him in combat." No quirk for me I guess.

Twice came back with several cases in hand. He handed them to Shigaraki. "Kid, let's see what you're capable of." He handed me a small pistol, apparently fully loaded. "Try it out."

"Y- you mean like- shoot it?" I fumbled around with it in my hands. How was I supposed to know how to work this thing?

"What else, you moron? Just shoot it at the wall." 

"But what if it hits someone? And I don't want to ruin your place-"

"Just do it, nobody cares."

I aimed at the shredded poster on the wall and pulled the trigger. It hit the poster smack in the middle and made a hole in the brick wall. What are these bullets made of?!

"Good kid, now try this." Shigaraki took the pistol from me and handed me another gun. This was quite a process, and after a few guns we stopped. "He's got great aim." Praise from a stranger? For shooting a wall? This is weird, but I felt an odd satisfaction from what he said.

"I think we've found ourselves a nice new recruit," Shigaraki remarked. Oh God, I made a huge mistake. I tend to indulge in small details without seeing the bigger picture, but my conscience is no excuse for what I've done. I had no idea what I'd gotten myself into.

"What's your name, kid?"

"Izuku Midoriya."

"Well, Izuku Midoriya, welcome to the League of Villains."