Helpless Child

"L- l- league of- of villains?!" The panic finally started to take over me. "I'll never be a- a villain-"

For some reason in that moment, I remembered what All Might had said to me. I looked at the floor. "..I'll need a few minutes to think."

"Just so you know, kid, now that you know our names, you can't go home. I'll have to kill you." Shigaraki gave me a cold stare.

I started to mumble, a nervous habit of mine. "But now that I think about it, I'd be okay with dying. I have nothing left to live for. Of course I don't want to die like this, though, but it doesn't even matter since I'll be gone anyways. Wait- but what about my mom?" I looked back up at Shigaraki, who gave me a weird look. My gaze turned to Kurogiri as he started speaking.

"We will make sure nobody sees you for several weeks, possibly, and they will think you are dead or you ran away. They might come looking for your body, or you if they suspect you are still alive, but your hometown is far from here so there is a slim chance they will come looking for you here."

"Oh... okay." I looked back at the floor. There's a chance I will get to see my mom sometime in the near future, if I become a villain, but she won't be proud. But she never thought I could be a hero either. My best friend didn't either. Everyone I know and love, they all think I'm hopeless. Even if I were to try and become a hero, they would never support me. Mom would be afraid I'd get injured or something and tell me not to, Kacchan would just try and kill me, and All Might said what he said. There's no chance.

"I promise you that we will support your well-being and give you everything you need." Kurogiri's voice was oddly reassuring. "We will give you food, combat training, shelter, and possibly a quirk if you and the boss both desire."

"He will support your well-being," Shigaraki said.

"I will support your well-being."

I wasn't sure at all what to say. There's nothing else to do with my life. I don't want to die, I want to make an impact. I want to show the world that even a quirkless, frail boy like me can have power. I'll show them all I can be strong. At that moment I felt a hate bubbling up inside of me. Especially Kacchan. I'll meet with him again and I'll show him what it really means to be quirkless. 

"Thank you for this opportunity. You don't have to kill me. I'll join you."