Good News and Bad News

"Childhood friends, Midoriya Izuku and Bakugo Katsuki. Two young men by these names have gone missing recently. One attacked by a villain and brutally murdered, the other kidnapped and yet to be found. They're about the same age, along with many other things in common. They went to primary school and junior high together. According to some close family of theirs, their biggest dreams were to become heroes. Could this be a coincidence? Could-" I shut off the television. I'm nothing like that jerk. In fact, I'm better than him in every way, shape, and form. I'll say, I'd be shocked if the people at UA never reported me to the police or anything like that. It's not like they've seen much of me, though. Even so, Native and Ingenium did get out alive. They're bound to have told somebody.

"Turn it back on, I was watching, Jesus-" Shigaraki complained from the other side of the room. I stuck my tongue out at him and hit the button. The television showed a familiar scene, the fire and rubble from the recent battle surrounded by cop cars.

"-students from UA high filed reports on what they saw that night. Back to you."

"Thanks. One student report says there was a suspicious individual roaming by the building carrying a large bag." I almost laughed out loud. "Here is a police sketch. We don't know what power he holds, or anything about him for that matter. If you see him, stay away and call an authority. Considering the circumstances he could be extremely dangerous. Stay safe out there folks. He may be affiliated with the League of Villains or the kidnapping of students." Shigaraki shuddered. He's probably mad that I'm getting all this attention. I didn't ask for it, so hopefully he's not too mad at me. 

"Okay- The police have just come in with a new report. They're saying.. even the dogs couldn't find him. We may just have to assume Bakugo Katsuki is dead." I shut the TV back off. 

"Is that all you wanted to hear?" I turned around to look at Shigaraki. He was practically fuming.

"Oh, I've heard enough. You're not even that dangerous, you've only killed one person. How come you're getting all this attention?"

"Don't be too mad at me, dude. It's their fault for hyper-focusing on one case. The press is probably excited since there's a new-ish villain on the loose and they want to use me for clout. Does he have a partner in crime? Who's his next victim? It's all just a game of Let's See Who Can Exaggerate A Story Enough To Get Tons Of Viewers."

"I guess you're right but attention is attention regardless." He scowled. 

"That's also true-" Twice came barging in.

"I've got good news and bad news. Which one first?" He's loud but I can't blame him. It's part of the poor guy's list of issues.

"Bad news first."

"Okay- so the police are kind of outside the building right now. They're looking for you specifically, Deku." This should be good. I thought the police were at the other site.

"What's the good news?"

"You have a friend here to see you." Huh-