Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN
KOLBY

When Calum University's football coach had recruited me, I had been seventeen, and so in love with the idea of being a college football superstar I didn't bat an eye at the long list of social events I'd have to attend. From charity galas to alumni parties, me and the guys have to go to them all. Admittedly, banquets like these aren't so bad. There's free food, free beer, and normally I'd be tripping over somebodies hot mom. Instead, I'm only tripping over Indigo and her bright red dress' train.

I haven't had a single decent thought about her all night. The second I had seen her walking towards my truck, my dick had sprung to life, hard and ready for action, pressing against the zipper of my black pants. And now, thirty minutes later, sitting across from her at Kirkson Hall, my poor dick is still begging to be let free, used and abused in whatever way the spitfire that is Indigo Marie Brown sees fit. Hell, she could probably skin the little guy with a peeler and I'd say thank you, simply because she had touched me.

I'm not even exaggerating Indigo's hotness. I nearly wish I was, then maybe I could focus one whatever the hell Coach is saying up at the microphone, but instead I'm trying to figure out if her dress is stretchy enough that I could just pull the slit of it center, and fuck her, so that the dress could stay on.

It looks ten times — no, a million times — better in person that it had in the picture, and now my brains all fuzzy, trying to remember all the reasons that public nudity is a very, very bad idea.

I breathe in deeply, taking a long swig of my drink. Indigo, luckily, is too engrossed in whatever Coach is saying to pay attention to me. If she was, she would see through me in an instant, and I don't think she'd take well to me being all hot and bothered over a dress. I've seen hundreds of girls in suggestive little dresses, with their backs bare and legs on full display, and had never given them a second glance. But here I am, trying to remember if the bathroom has a counter I can properly fuck her on.

             Hell, I don't even care if Sadie will beat me ball-less, I need Indigo in my life as more than a friend. I could die with all of wishes granted, but if Indigo and I never sleep together again, I would not die a happy man. No, I would die a miserable old crone who hackles kids about getting on his lawn.

          I feel a tap on my shoulder, and low and behold, Indigo is staring holes into my forehead, her brown eyes slightly narrowed, "Are you ok?"

        I gulp. Yes. No. I don't know.

       "Yeah? Why?"

         Bull. Shit.

         She laughs a little, smiling as she shakes her head at me. Her curls bounce around her face, and I almost want to cry of need. Her pretty curls. Her gorgeous face. Her perfect fucking body. And she's right there. And yet she's all the way across the world.

         "You look like you wanna die," she tells me, matter-of-fact.

           I almost choke on my own spit. Die of my wants and wishes, maybe, but but the only thing that I plan on getting killed tonight is —

          "Beer isn't the best," I tell her.

           Coach exits the stage, announcing we can now feast and mingle about as we so wish.

        I practically jump to my feet, "I'm going to the bathroom," I announce, Braden smirks knowingly at me, and then Indigo stands, too, and I almost shoot in my drawers. Her dress falls around her legs, cocooning the one, entirely exposing the other, and the one sleeve has fallen slightly off her shoulder.