Homeless

"You need a place to stay and we need a new roommate," Voilet begged as she set a drink down on the counter of the Starbucks drive thru.

You picked up the drink and looked at it, making sure it was the right order before passing it out the drive thru window to the person who was waiting. You turned back to Violet and said, "And you said I'll have my own room?"

"Yes, it's your own room. You have to share the bathroom though. It's clean, it's in your price range. Plus it's only a few minutes from here. Please say yes," she pleaded, showing you pictures of the space on her phone.

You had to admit that the pictures of the apartment looked amazing. It looked like it was new, spacious, and clean.

"Tell me more about the other room mates?"

"Well, my boyfriend keeps to himself most of the time. He's usually busy playing games or streaming. So you probably won't see him much. And his best friend is the one who will be in the room right next to yours. I'm sure you will get along great with him. Plus he's cute."

"The last thing I need is to jump into another relationship," you said, rolling your eyes.

I really want to meet the people in moving in with before I move in with them. But I'm desperate. Ugh. How did I even end up in this situation?

The last week had been hell. You broke up with your boyfriend that you had been dating for the last few years after finding out he had been cheating on you. A lot. To make matters worse, you had been living with him and his friends, so you were now in a situation where you needed a place to live right away. You could either move in with your friend from work, or you could start looking online to try to find a place and move in with strangers. At least if you moved in with Violet, you would know one of the people that you were going to live with.

"Fine," you said. "I doubt I will find a place even close in price. Especially last minute."

"Great!" Violet squealed. "I'll text the guys and let them know I found someone."

After work, you gave Violet a ride back to her apartment. When she said that it was only a few minutes away, she wasn't kidding. Not even a full song played on the radio before you had arrived at your new place.

As you stepped out of the car, you handed Violet a box from the back seat, and stacked a few more in your own arms before following her into the building. You were pleasantly surprised as you looked around and noticed that it wasn't just the apartment that was new and clean, but the whole apartment building. You followed her through the open lobby onto the elevator where she pushed the number 8.

"The boys won't be home until later tonight. Maybe we can make dinner so we can all eat together and you can get to know them."

"Yeah, sounds good," you said as you followed her to the end of the hallway.

She showed you to the room where you would be staying. There was still a bed and dresser in there from the previous roommate who had just moved out. She explained that he had gotten a job abroad and had to quickly move out, hence why they happened to have a room.

You spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking the few boxes that you had brought with you. You had basically only brought your own personal items. You wanted out of your previous relationship so badly that you left the things that you had bought together over the years, including any furniture, decor, and half of the electronics you had.

When Violet said that it was a shared bathroom, you expected it to be out in the hallway. But to your surprise it was a Jack and Jill bathroom that was directly attached to your room. As you opened the door, you looked at the contents that were already in the bathroom. Everything was orderly and clean. Well at least whoever he is, he's clean. It was a stark contrast to your ex. He was a slob and would constantly leave a trail behind wherever he went. Usually you would get fed up and clean up his messes. You tried once to see how long it would take before he would clean up after himself. You finally gave up after a month when you saw that the toilet actually started growing a beard from the filth that had accumulated. Seeing the clean bathroom before you made you feel even better about moving into the new place.

New start. Things are going to be amazing.

After you put the last of your stuff away, you came out of the room and saw Violet already starting to prepare dinner. You walked into the kitchen and asked, "What can I help with?"

"If you want, you can start chopping up the stuff over there," she said, motioning to the cutting board.

You did your best to help her as much as you could without getting in her way when you heard the click of the lock from the front door.

"Sounds like the boys are back."

You watched as two figures walked into the door. One was average height with two toned hair, resembling the two tone pudding that they sold. The other was taller with wild black hair that stood on end and hung down over one eye. That's when you recognized them.

"Kenma? Tetsuro?"

"Y/n?"