Memories

You woke up late the next morning, feeling very out of sorts still. Did I imagine what happened last night? You felt yourself turning red just thinking about laying in bed with Kuroo and watching his hands wander. Was it all just wishful thinking that made you hear Kuroo moan your name? Or did that actually happen? He definitely wasn't moaning Kanoka though.

Then you remembered that he had also been drinking quite a bit last night. Would he even remember what he did, especially if it was said in the middle of sleep?

Even if Kuroo didn't remember it at all, you still had the tiniest bit of hope after last night's events. At least a part of him had to have some feelings for you, right?

Either way you felt much better about things, and you were willing to at least try to talk to Kuroo now instead of avoiding him.

After laying in bed for almost 15 minutes pondering everything, you finally sat up and felt your head start pounding. You slowly stood up the rest of the way and headed towards the kitchen to get a drink and breakfast to take with a pain reliever for your headache.

You were rummaging through the fridge and cabinets, trying to find something easy to make, when Kuroo came out of his bedroom, only wearing pajama bottoms. You were in awe as you looked down at his toned body and felt your cheeks get slightly warm. It seemed to be a mutual embarrassment, because as soon as he saw you, his face turned red and he lowered his head slightly, while trying to still look at you through the hairs on one side of his face.

"Um, did you by chance come into my room last night?" he asked, walking over and grabbing some ibuprofen and taking it.

You panicked.

Should I deny it? But what if he has some sort of evidence that I was in there. I did lay on his bed with wet hair after all. Plus he probably heard me slam the door in my frenzied state to get out of there.

You decided to tell the truth, but brush it off as if it were no big deal.

"Sorry, I drank a little too much last night, I think I got turned around in the bathroom," you started and then quickly added, "But I left as soon as I figured it out."

"So it was real this time," he said so low you could barely hear him.

"This time?" you thought to yourself, as you poured yourself a bowl of cereal.

"Shit, did I just say that outloud," Kuroo thought to himself as he looked at the expression on your face.

"Um, sorry if I woke you up last night," you said, not really knowing what else to say.

"It's fine. I'm not even sure if I completely woke up or not. I just had this feeling you were there or maybe it was a dream."

"Fuck," Kuroo thought. "I should just shut up. Why do I keep saying the dumbest shit. It will probably scare her away. And she's finally talking to me after avoiding me all week."

"What did you and Kenma end up doing last night?"

"We played Mario Kart for a while, and then we watched old videos from high school from some of our volleyball matches."

"I can't believe that was so long ago now. It seems like yesterday when I would go and cheer you guys on."

"Speaking of, you are actually in a video a few times as well."

"Me?"

"Yeah, in the stands."

"I want to see the video," you said, now curious. "I haven't seen either of you play in years."

"I mean I still play a little here and there for fun, especially when I'm at JVA doing promotional stuff. Some of the pros have me join in once in a while for warm ups. But yeah, I get what you mean," Kuroo said. "Want to watch now?"

"Sure, I'd love to," you said, plopping down on the couch and not wanting to move for fear of your headache becoming worse. You were actually thrilled that Kuroo suggested watching. It was the perfect way to spend the rest of the morning relaxing and it allowed you to spend some more time with Kuroo as well.

As he put on the video, you watched in amazement, as if you were seeing both of them play for the first time. They really were amazing. Especially Kuroo.

You could see all of the muscles on Kuroo as he bolted around the court, sweat dripping off of him. Damn he was also so hot. You looked over and realized that he looked similar now, just a little more masculine and grown up in his face. How exactly did I manage to date that douche in high school instead of Kuroo? He's fucking perfect.

"I forgot how amazing you both were," you stated, not wanting to only compliment him because it would be awkward.

Just then you saw the Kuroo in the video look up into the stands and smile brightly, you followed his gaze and realized he was looking up at you. The camera panned in on the crowd and you saw your younger self come into focus for a few seconds before the screen flashed and a young Kenma came on screen.

"You look so young," Kuroo said, smile apreading across his face as he saw you on screen.

"You do too."

"Not as young as you and Kenma look."

"You act like you are so much older, you do realize that we are only a year apart, right?"

"Still a year older and wiser than you."

You rolled your eyes at him before deadpanning in his direction, which caused Kuroo to burst out laughing. No, not just laughing, cackling. You missed his laugh. Without realizing it, you joined in and started laughing with him while shaking your head and covering your face with your hand.

"Why do you do that?" Kuroo asked.

"Do what?"

"Cover your face when you smile or laugh. I want to see it."

You felt your heart skip a few beats, then race to catch up.

"I don't think I even realize I'm doing it," you answered truthfully.

"Well now that you know, can you stop hiding it, at least from me?"

"Yes."

As you took your hand away from your face, you and Kuroo looked at each other. He looked down at your lips for a few moments before very faintly smiling and looking back into your eyes. You looked down and saw his mouth was now slightly open and his breathing was a little heavier than normal.