The Truth

As you took your hand away from your face, you and Kuroo looked at each other. He looked down at your lips for a few moments before very faintly smiling and looking back into your eyes. You looked down and saw his mouth was now slightly open and his breathing was a little heavier than normal.

The electricity in the air was palpable, and you could feel an attraction between the two of you, as if you were opposing magnets drawn to each other. You looked down at his lips. They looked soft and velvety. You wanted to feel them. Touch them with yours.

He obviously felt the same because he started to lean in towards you, his lips moving towards your own.

Just then Kenma opened the door that lead from his room and looked at the screen on the tv saying, "You're watching this again?"

You instantly jumped back from each other before Kuroo answered Kenma, "Y/n hasn't seen it."

"Has she seen the part where you stare at her in the stands and you are practically drooling on yourself?"

You looked at Kuroo, not sure if Kenma was referencing the moment that you had already seen earlier or something else completely different. Judging by Kuroo's face it must have been the later. He looked very unhappy at Kenma for calling him out in front of you.

"No, we just got to the part where I was finally having a moment with y/n and you interuppted."

"I don't remember that."

"Really? Because it just happened."

Kenma's face got very red as he looked at you and realized what was going on. "Sorry," he said before quickly scurrying back off to his room.

As you watched the whole scene, you felt yourself getting redder and redder with each thing that was said.

There is no doubt now, right? He clearly likes me.

But were you brave enough to jump all the way in and just go for it? That's when doubt crept over you. What about what he said last week? He clearly had said that he was going to tell me that he had feelings for someone else. Did things change since then?

You looked over at Kuroo, who seemed to be going through some inner turmoil as well. His face was bright red, probably redder than yours. Was he embarassed as well? He had to be.

You were so distracted by paying attention to Kuroo, that you hadn't even noticed that your phone was vibrating wildly until he pointed it out to you. You turned it over and saw that it was your ex calling. You promptly rejected the call, not having any need to talk to him, when the phone started vibrating again shortly after. Again you rejected the call. He had called several times since you left that day, but he was never really this persistant, calling you over and over. But as you thought about it more you realized no good could come of a conversation with him.

I have no need to talk to him.

Besides, you were trying to focus on your current situation with Kuroo, you didn't need to be distracted by your ex.

But then he called again and again and again, making you wonder if maybe it was something important.

You mouthed the words 'sorry' to Kuroo before finally relenting and picking up your phone.

"What?" you answered, not even bothering to say hello or some other polite greeting.

"Y/n, you finally answered," the voice on the other end said. "I've been trying to get ahold of you for weeks."

"I know," you answered curtly as you stood up and walked towards the kitchen so you weren't right next to Kuroo as you had a conversation with your ex.

"Y/n," he continued. "I can't stop thinking about you. I realize what an idiot I was before. I've even called it off with anyone else. I cut all ties with them. I promise."

"What does this have to do with me?"

"Please take me back. I will prove to you how much I love you. I've changed. I've really changed."

Yeah right. For how long? This had been going on for years without your knowledge. Did he really think you would just go running back to him?

"So have I," you answered, "and I no longer need people like you in my life. Now unless you have something else to say, I'm hanging up."

You heard him plea several more times on the other end, becoming frantic and sounding like he was crying. "Please, y/n, I love you. I'll do anything."

"Goodbye," you said, hanging up the phone.

That's when you looked over and noticed that Kuroo was no longer on the couch, but right next to you in the kitchen.

He didn't say a word. He just looked down at you before weaving his hands through your hair and bringing his lips to yours. He kissed you very firmly for a brief moment before pulling away and looking into your eyes.

"Please don't go back with him," he whispered under his breath. "I can't let you get away again. I was so stupid before for not telling you how I really feel. I wasted so many years."

It was unexpected and you felt your head swirling with emotions as you allowed yourself to melt under his touch.

"I wasn't going to go back with him."

His lips joined yours again, this time they parted slightly before his tongue peeked out and entwined with yours.

His tongue was on the gentle side, gliding over yours in a delicate dance, while his lips were forceful and letting you know that he didn't want you to be distracted in any way.

"Then consider being with me. You are the only person for me, no one else in this world has ever been able to come even close to living up to you. The only person that can fill the space in my heart is you," Kuroo said, as if the information had been lying dormant in him for years.

You tried hard to respond, telling him that you only wanted him as well, but shock took over and all that came out was, "Okay."

You looked at Kuroo and noticed that he was shaking so much that he couldn't hide it.

"Are you okay?" you asked, concerned.

"I'm just so nervous to be kissing you."

"I know you kissed plenty of girls. If anyone should be nervous, it should be me. I'm the one who lacks experience."

"Yeah," he said, looking into your eyes. "But it's the first time I've ever loved the person that I'm kissing."