Confession

"Yeah," he said, looking into your eyes. "But it's the first time I've ever loved the person that I'm kissing."

Did he just say that he loves me?

You looked up at him, and saw that he was still shaking slightly from nervousness as he looked down at you with a look that was part worried and part...

There's no way I heard that right.

But the look said it all. There was no denying that he did in fact just tell you he loved you. It was written all over his face.

The boy that you had spent years harboring intimate feelings for while outwardly quarreling with, felt the same way about you as you did about him. Love. But the words were stuck and you couldn't seem to get the air to push from your throat to tell him. So instead you sat there, bottom lip quivering, staring into his hazel colored eyes.

The worried part of his expression seemed to take over his entire face now, as if he were concerned about you pushing him away just as he confessed his feelings. "I love you, y/n," he repeated in hopes that you would open yourself up to him.

"I love you too, Tetsurou," you finally pushed out clumsily. The words didn't come out the way you wanted them to, but he was happy all the same as he sighed heavily and then smiled a crooked smile.

His lips swept in again, meeting with yours, as he pulled you in closer to him with his broad arms. You both stumbled slightly as you threw yourself passionately into each other, bumping into the kitchen counter.

You wanted to continue falling deeper into him, but you were also starting to feel self conscious about being in the open with others in the apartment.

As if reading your mind, he suddenly swooped you up into his arms, wrapping your legs around his waist in the process, and carried you off into the direction of his room.

You felt him clumsily fumble with the door knob for a moment with one hand, before you both stumbled through the door and he kicked the door behind him closed.

You tumbled onto the bed in one heap, Kuroo landing in such a way that he boxed you into the bed with his arms. You wanted to throw yourself completely into the passion right at that moment, but you wanted to be sure that this really was the step you both wanted to take. You knew it would be hard to go back to being friends if you crossed this line, and you just started being friendly with each other again. So before embracing him, you pulled back slightly and asked, "Are you sure about this?"

Kuroo's hand swept a hair that had fallen slightly into your face and brushed to back to get a better view of you. "I'm not sure what you had planned right now, but I just want to spend time with you. I don't expect for us to.....," he trailed off.

You looked at Kuroo slightly puzzled.  Part of you definitely was expecting him to just take you right then and there, but you were surprised that he seemed to care more about the emotional side of it than the physical. It was the exact opposite of how he was in high school. Back then he was landing a new girl every week and not getting attached to a single one. This was a completely 180 from that. He actually wanted you for who you were and not just for a night or two. Which made you want him even more.

It's so unlike him. This is the great Tetsurou Kuroo that had anyone he wanted in high school. Maybe I should tease him a little and go along with it.

"I'm glad you said that because I don't think I believe in sex before marriage," you joked subtlety.

"I'm okay with that," Kuroo said a little too suddenly.

You wanted to continue teasing him, but he words shocked you so much that you couldn't hold yourself together any longer, "What?!"

"You want to wait and that's fine," he said nonchalantly.

"But...."

A grin spread across his face. "That's good with you too, right?"

You eyed him suspiciously. "You knew I was teasing, didn't you?"

"Of course."

"How?"

"I was serious when I said I love you and I was serious when I said I would wait. But it doesn't mean that I don't know you well enough to know when you are teasing me, which means I have to give you a hard time back. Plus, you have a tell that gives you away every time."

"Tell me what it is."

"Not a chance. You'll have to force it out of me first," he egged you on.

You smiled devilishly at him. "Any way that I want to?"

"Sure," Kuroo said, accepting the dare.

You tried your best to flip him over so that you could straddle him, but he was too strong and you barely even budged his arms. You even tried to tickle him, but he held firm. So you looked around for something within reach that could give you the advantage. That's when you saw it. The blue soap. Back on his night stand.

"Tetsurou!? What the fuck is that damned soap in your room for?"

You saw his face go instantly red from embarrassment. "Uh... It smells like you," he admitted bashfully.

"Were you...were you jerking off to..... my smell?"

"No," he said in a pitch a little higher than usual.

"Liar."

There was an awkward amount of silence, before Kuroo finally broke it. "Yes."