Ch 17 - The jump

There's no sign of the sun when Sandra pulls onto the lot this morning. As she walks past the security guard, she offers a salute. "Morning, Bob! Jeannie doing alright after her procedure?"

"Yes, Miss Bullock. Thank you for asking." Bob is touched by Sandra's interest in his personal life, but maintains his stiff, professional pose.

She continues down the pavement between buildings, heading towards the actors' space. Golf carts breeze past her carrying various set crew members. She sees the seamstress, Jessie, walking toward her. Sandra throws her hand up for a high five as they pass each other.

A soft glow emanates from a window in Keanu's trailer. She stretches her neck a bit as she gets closer, peering in through his window to see him sitting on that same leather couch. His shoulders are relaxed, his eyes are closed, and his chest raises and falls with every slow inhale and exhale. She leans forward a bit as she watches him, not noticing her own breath slowing down, matching his. A sense of calm comes over her. She is standing still and meeting his movements when suddenly he opens his eyes and looks directly at her. She gasps and drops to the ground, spilling the contents of her backpack. Down on her knees, she shoves everything back into her bag and crawls toward her trailer. She darts in and leans against her door as she closes it. Gesine is gonna disown me for this one, she laughs to herself. It was then that a folded piece of paper with her name on it catches her eye.

               Eat this, you'll need your strength today,

On a tray behind the note is a brown paper bag. She reaches in to find a foil package and a bottle of orange juice with extra calcium. She unwraps the package to find a breakfast burrito filled with eggs and veggies. Her head leans to the side as she reads the note again before placing it into her backpack and sitting down for breakfast. In thirty minutes, they would start marking the day's scenes on the lot before heading out to Interstate 105 to film Keanu's entrance onto the bus.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

The sky is white with the haze of Los Angeles pollution as the bus pulls onto the interstate

The sky is white with the haze of Los Angeles pollution as the bus pulls onto the interstate. It's seventy-five degrees, the type of weather that allows one to wear whatever type of clothing they choose. Sandra is dressed in her green tank top and college jacket again. She places the cheap gold ring back on her finger and spins it a few times, looking at it. They'd spent the morning with Keanu's stunt man, Dan, rehearsing the jump from the black jaguar onto the bus. Now it is time to film.