W : Wounds

A/N: Who doesn't like W ?     Seriously who doesn't like her ? Because you can't trust an arknights player that doesn't like her.

Summary: Trapped under a pile of rubble, W and Sebastian have a discussion while treating their wounds. Some older than others.

Columns of smoke rose all around Sebastian from the Chernobog buildings. His breath was heavy and wounds were accumulating on his body as his blood fell all around him and formed a pool of red liquid at his feet. This was supposed to be a routine mission in the ruins of Chernobog, retrieve materials, fight the reunion forces present and go for extraction and get out of here.

But this time it seemed that the reunion forces were waiting for them. Of course Sebastian had been able to fix the situation, but the hundreds of enemies he and his squad had faced were beginning to take their toll. As a squadron of art drones approached him he drew his sidearm and began firing at them. Those damn drones must have gotten behind Jessica... Next time he should take Exusiai to make sure he didn't have any problems with anti-air. One drone fell, then a second, but there were still a dozen or so left, and the bullets from his pistol had as much effect as a blowgun on the drones as they came dangerously close.

Then suddenly, explosives appeared on four of the drones and after three seconds the bombs exploded, annihilating all the drones and the enemies around them, the flames grazing the doctor's skin. Sebastian turned to confirm his suspicions and he could see W giving him a Machiavellian smile despite all the wounds she too had.

Promoting her to elite 2 may have been one of the worst decisions he'd ever made, just for the fact that the sarkaz liked to point out that he'd given a promotion to a woman who was only out to kill him and had pissed him off more than once. But at the same time she had just proved once again that this promotion was also a good idea because the mercenary kept proving how useful she was on the battlefield.

W was positioned at the entrance of a building covering the battlefield with her grenade launcher, mines and explosives. But suddenly the doctor heard the sounds of mortar shells being fired from afar. He turned to the direction of the shots and estimated the trajectories of the projectiles. Most of them were going to fall in places that were not likely to cause damage to the operators, but one was starting to fall toward W and of course she had not noticed.

Listening only to his instincts, Sebastian ran towards the sarkaz and as the shell exploded on the ceiling where W was under cover, Sebastian grabbed her in his arms and threw himself inside the building as the entrance collapsed in on itself, as well as the building in general as dust slowly covered the battlefield.

---

How much time had passed? A few minutes? A few hours? W, who until then had been unconscious, her head having hit the concrete when Sebastian had tackled her to the ground, woke up, her head in a fog. She felt something warm against her, stuck to her body, she opened her eyes and was greeted by almost total darkness, but so was the doctor. Sebastian was stuck to her, collapsed on top of her looking all around her, the sarkaz understood the origin of the darkness, they were both under a mountain of rubble that let only little light pass. If it wasn't for the giant's body above her, the mercenary would have been crushed by the rocks.

A vein appeared on her forehead because of her irritation, an irritation first caused by the proximity of the doctor who was stuck to her to the point where she was bathed in the heat emitted by the giant's body...

This heat was not so unpleasant by the way...

But her irritation was caused by the fact that the giant had once again wanted to play the white knight and protect everyone he could. Which she hated. She knew his true nature was the man who had sent half of their operators to commit suicide on missions he knew they wouldn't return. The man who killed Theresa.