Afternoon nap: Silence

A/N: Very short one-shot, and no smutty. But I just wanted to write something for my dear Silence, who I've always been fond of, even before HG gave her the love she deserved with her alter.

The soft sun of the afternoon radiated through the blinds of the room. Feeling the atmosphere so comforting, Sebastian had decided to shut off the lights of his office. So he was there, bathing in the gold provided by the astrum slowly descending. Feeling each of his cells tingling from the gentle warmth in his back.

At least this would make his current activity a bit more enjoyable.

Paperwork...

He was a fool to believe that he'd have more free time once Reunion had crumbled to the ground. Instead he was there, reading the ever same reports, agreeing to the ever same budgets. Lots of new recruitment propositions for his branch. As expected. Rhodes Island reputation grew exponentially and more and more people wanted to become a blade of the infected. But no profiles were really interesting.

He sighed and cracked his fingers, bored to death. Rosa was studying, Siege was busy with her gang, Amiya too had things to do and was still recovering, none of his usual assistants would be able to help him.

*knock* *knock*

Sebastian: Finally some distraction...

He muttered under his breath. Before resuming his work, not needing to ask who it was for the familiar heartbeat he heard.

Sebastian: The door's unlocked.

The swift sound of the door lingered in the air as quiet footsteps trailed up to the doctor's desk. The giant raised his head after finishing one last important document, and smiled as usual.

Sebastian: Olivia, what owes me the pleasure ?

The calm face of the liberi woman started to show up the faintest of smiles.

Silence: I wanted to bring you some patient files for your expertise.

Sebastian: Is that all ? Put them on the corner of the desk.

She did as he asked. But quickly spoke again.

Silence: Actually, there's something else.

The giant closed his eyelids and prepared for the worst his whole body tensing.

Sebastian: Please tell me that little imp hasn't broke anything again...

A sweet laugh left the owl lips. She always loved how over the top he always was concerning their daughter.

Silence: No calm down. Anyway she's doing a sleepover with Misha, and it's Irina keeping an eye on them. So you can relax.

Sebastian: Oh... Good to know.

Silence: What I wanted to say, is, that I came here also to discuss a bit with you. Recently we haven't seen each other that much.

The giant left his pen on his desk and silently nodded.

Silence: How are you holding up ? Since Reunion has been disbanded you haven't seen the field much.

Sebastian: God Olivia don't take me for a bloodthirsty beast... It's true that I don't enjoy the paperwork, but I'll never miss the battlefield. Anyway it's still the same. Routine operations, assuring myself our newcomers are in line. And doing the usual... Plus the recent advances in Columbia are keeping me busy.

Silence: Oh...? How it's going ?

Sebastian: My full revamp of project Event Horizon has been accepted... And progress is already going on, slowly but steadily.