Chapter 158

Matt's POV: After bringing all the dishes downstairs, I smiled when I came back up to our room when I saw Louie in his room. "What you doing down here buddy?" Louie then looked at me while going to grab his blanket. "Oh, did you leave your blankie down here?" Louie nodded when I said that. Walking over to him, I smiled and went to pick him up. "You want daddy to carry you upstairs and we can go cuddle up to mommy again?" He nodded and just held me close. Grabbing some of his books and his blankie, I smiled as I went to take him upstairs to bed. "We are going to have a lot of fun together, you know that right buddy?" Louie smiled when I said that and nodded. "What about when the babies are here?"

I then nodded, kissing his forehead. "We are always going to have fun together. We are a family. It's what families do buddy...we have fun together." Louie then looked down. "I never had fun with my old daddy." I sighed when he said that. "I'm sorry to hear that bud." He then looked at me. "Promise I won't leave again." I shook my head when he said that. "Hey, don't even think that you are leaving us. You are our son buddy. Forever." He nodded when I said that before cuddling up to me. Carrying him upstairs, I smiled when we got to our bedroom. Looking at Gabby as she rubbed her stomach...I saw her smiling as I carried Louie in my arms. "Here we go buddy, how about you cuddle up to your forever mommy?"

Gabby then looked at me when I said that. "Why did you specifically say 'your forever mommy'? Is everything okay?" I then bit my lip. "I don't want to worry you but...he said that he wants us to promise that he won't leave us again." Going to grab the blanket I like to cuddle up to, I then went to get in bed with Gabby and our son. Gabby then went to push his chin up and smiled at him. "You are not going anywhere okay Louie? We are your mommy and daddy now." Louie nodded when I said that before going to cuddle up to her baby bump. It was quit big now and it was getting harder to cuddle up to her easily. However, that wasn't the case for Louie.

I saw him hug her stomach and just smiled when he did that because it was adorable. While he wasn't going to be their biological brother...I already knew that Louie was going to be the best big brother to his sister Emilia Isabel and his two brothers, Andrew "Andy" Daniel and Matthew James, Jr. That's when Gabby went to grab my hand and just smiled at me. "How in the world did I get so lucky? Have I asked you that recently?" I smiled when she asked me that. "You mean how we are expecting triplets and now we have our son back forever?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I am not sure but...I like it. This is how it's always supposed to have been."

I smiled when she said that and then went to roll over onto my side before grabbing her hand. That's when Louie was starting to get crushed. "Daddy, can you stop?" I then looked down at him. "Sorry Louie. How about you come cuddle up to daddy as he lays down in bed?" Louie nodded when I said that and watched me as I went to lay down in bed against my pillow. Moving onto my chest, Louie smiled as he came to cuddle up to me. Gabby then looked at us when he did that. Wrapping my arm around his back, I smiled while kissing his head. "You comfortable buddy?" Louie nodded and smiled as he held me close.

Gabby then went to move the blanket I had around my shoulders (I always had one since my shoulders hurt when I sit up in bed) so that it was covering Louie a bit. "I still think we should have a little bed for him up here just temporarily. Is that too much to ask?" I then turned to look at her and shook my head. "We could probably get him a bed in the corner. Or I can bring his big boy bed up here. You want to have him close for a while." Gabby then laughed. "We are not getting close anymore babe because of how big I am. And we are always quiet at night when he goes to sleep even if he is downstairs...I just can't go down there easily."

I nodded and understood what she meant. "I guess I should've thought about that when we set up his bed. However, I think we should just keep him down there. In a couple months, he's going to have to sleep down there since we don't want him awake at the same time as us." I agreed with him. "Then maybe he can use the other bedroom we have up here. I know it's your office but be honest babe, you are just going to work on your laptop in bed." I then thought about it and sighed. "Gabby, I get you want it but...once he is used to this again, he is going to want to play with his toys that can get loud. That is not good for babies. Plus, I like my office."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Listen, just think about it. If it gets too hard for me to go down there to say goodnight..." I then realized why she was asking me this, she was still thinking this was a dream. "You know what...I will do it. But, I need to ask for help." Gabby then looked at me. "Do you trust Antonio? He has agreed to isolate in case we ever need help. I know it's hard to believe but...I promise that he is a safe choice." I then looked at her. "Listen, right now we are good. I am going to get his bed and just bring it up here. It's what you want and honestly...I think I might like it too. That way, I have my entire family in here during the pandemic."

Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "Listen, how about you come cuddle up to me Louie, daddy is going to bring your bed up here so that you can sleep in our room at night. You like that idea?" Louie then looked at me and shook his head. "No, I stay in my blue room. I like my room. Please mama?" I then looked at Gabby and she agreed. She can't say no to him. "Of course buddy, I am sorry for pushing it Matt." I agreed and smiled at her. "Listen, you just want your boys close, I understand that. Maybe he can just sleep with us whenever he wants to." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "I can agreed with that."

I smiled when she said that. "Now, I believe that we recently got some resources about what giving birth to triplets might look like. You want to look that over?" Gabby then bit her lip. "Is that really appropriate to watch when Louie is here?" Gabby then went to run her fingers through his hair, kissing the top of his head. I then agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah, probably not the best idea." Gabby just smiled at me when I said that. "See, sometimes you learn stuff just by agreeing with me." I then laughed and shook my head. "Oh hush up." Gabby then looked at me. "Hush up? That's very different compared to what you usually say. What in the world is with the change?"

"You want him to start swearing when he's this age?" Gabby then realized that was why my language has been much cleaner recently. "Okay, that makes a lot of sense now." I then smiled at her. "See, not just a pretty face." Gabby then went to slap me when I said that, obviously a little annoyed when I said that. "Oh relax, you know that you love me." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I do." That's when she heard her phone ring. Rolling over, she went to see it was Antonio and smiled while grabbing her iPad since he was calling on FaceTime. "Hey Louie, want to talk to uncle Antonio?" Gabby smiled when he said that before kissing his head.

Pausing the show, I went to lay down more. Louie then did the same as we all cuddled up to each other in bed while getting ready to talk to Antonio.