━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

We're the Pogues. And our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

Luciana sprinted with a grin on her face to the backyard of the fish shack that was a second home to her.

She stopped in her steps, seeing the four heads of her best friends. She chuckled with excitement.

JJ shotgunned his beer, slamming the empty can to the floor. "WHOOOO!" He screamed his hands in the air with happiness.

He stood fully up, and his eyes landing on the girl.

"No way." He whispered, "NO WAY!"

She grinned as the boy saw her. His cheering grabbed the other attention. Their eyes widening with excitement.

"Holy Shit! Luc!"

"Oh my god your back!"

"Where did you even come from!"

JJ ran to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, "HALF-BREEDS BACK BABY!" He exclaimed, the girl letting out a whole hearted laugh. A laugh she hasn't done in 5 months.

JJ. Her first ever best friend. They met in kindergarten, him the entire day flirting with her. And obviously Luciana's got annoyed and cut his hair with safety scissors. He had a bald spot for three weeks.

He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer she knew. Mild Kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

"Your finally back luc!" Kie hugged her, "I thought I'd have to deal with the boys by myself forever!"

Then there's Kiara or Kie, Luciana's one of two girl best friend. When she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. Nobody really was sure why though. She's a rich kid actually, so foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. Kie was beautiful, brown curls and mixed skin, and her personality made her all the more attractive. Luciana was 95% sure all the boys have or had a thing for her. She has, it's a usual occurrence.

"Thank god! Someone who can finally get JJ to shut up!" Pope exclaimed hugging the girl.

And there's Pope, the brains of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And smartest person they know. A little bit of a weirdo. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Heyward was a father figure to everyone, especially Luciana. He gave her a job, made her feel welcomed and loved, and even gave her a home at one point. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now we're not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of them.

"Long time no see freckles." John B smiled, doing their handshake before pulling the girl into a hug.

Then, the stupidest guy Lucy knew, John B. He lives in an old fish shack on the marsh. The Chateau as his dad uses to call it. His father disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. It was really touch for the teen at first, but as time went on he got better, but he never gave up hope. Even though JJ was her first best friend, she knew John B since birth. His father and her mother were best friends in high school, promising each other their children would be best friends. That wasn't the case at first. When Luciana was born John B hated her and the feeling was mutual. It was 7 years of pulling hair, dumping food on each other, ruining their school artwork and a bunch of childish rivalry. It wasn't until JJ became friends with John B and helped the two teens bond. Now John B's closest friend was Lucy.