17.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Look he'll come around, all right?" John B said breaking the silence as they sat in the wreck. "He's just doing a JJ thing."

Lucy stayed quiet, her mind filled with the blonde boy.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie asked making Lucy slightly worried.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope said. "Okay, it's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it."

Luciana sighed not in the mood to talk about the gold. She got up and went to sit on the steps outside, not wanting to hear about gold right now.

She went to her phone, texting JJ again. She looked at her contacts, seeing Rafe.

She felt guilty, she was purposely ignoring him when she shouldn't be.

A couple minutes later she heard someone come out.

"Hey me and Kie are gonna go get some supplies for the well. You wanna come?" Pope asked.

"I have nothing better to do." Lucy sighed getting into Kie's dad's truck. They went to a store and got the supplies and then headed for the chateau.

"So we gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." Pope said pulling up to the house at night.

"Okay well we gotta focus." Kie said.

"I know I know. We're gonna be fine. We got JJ and John B inside the well and me and you up top." Pope said as the three got out of the car.

"Yep." Kie said. "We got this."

"And you and Sarah will be outside transporting." Pope said to Kie.

"Uh I got a winch." Pope said "that tine can hold over like 200, 300 pounds."

"Nice." Lucy muttered.

"Thanks." Kie said all of the sudden.

"What for?" Pope asked.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up." Kie said talking about her and Sarah.

"What makes you think that was me?" Pope asked as lights turned on, wrapped around trees, making them confused.

"What the hell?" Pope said looking around.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie asked as Lucy started to walk towards more lights.

They walked up to JJ sitting in a hot tub with a wine bottle in his hand. The three others look at each other in confusion.

"What did you do JJ?" Pope asked

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now." JJ replied as making them realize JJ was drunk. "Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?"

"Salud!" JJ cheered as he poured out wine into the cups floating on flamingo floats and taking a sip from the bottle.

"How much did this cost." Pope asked as they stood there, trying to figure out what was wrong with the boy.

"Uhh well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh hey, express delivery." Drunk JJ said. "Pretty much all of it, yeah."

"All of it?" Pope asked as the two girls looked at JJ in shock.

"Yeah all of it." JJ answered.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope asked clearly frustrated.