xix. rebellion

CHAPTER NINETEEN!

REBELLION.

HAYMITCH'S PROPOSAL WAS SOMETHING NEITHER OF THEM EXPECTED. A rebellion, they were going to use Katniss Everdeen as a symbol of hope for the people from the districts. It revolves around making sure the teenager gets out of these Games alive, Peeta too if they are able to. That makes a frown slightly — almost as if the boy is simply an afterthought.

"Both of them or neither of them," Rosalie says to Finnick as they walk onto their floor. "I'm not going to let that boy die just because he's in love with her and feels as if he has too,"

"I know, I didn't think you'd let it happen. We'll get them out of this alive and then Haymitch and the others will take it from there," Finnick responds.

"I just hope it works," Rosalie speaks, a small shake in her voice as she does so. "Who knows what the consequences will be if it doesn't,"

Finnick smiles softly and grabs her face in both his hands, tilting her chin up so she's looking him in the eyes. Rosalie looks at him, her eyes now slightly watery from tears. Whilst the rebellion will likely be a good thing for the whole of Panem, she cannot deny the fact that the idea of it truly scares her. If the Hunger Games were a result of the last rebellion, what will happen after this one?

"We will be fine. The Capitol won't be able to prepare for something they have no idea about, not truly anyway. Besides, I wouldn't let anything happen," Finnick speaks softly.

"Because Finnick is invincible," she sniffles lightly and he winks, causing her to emit a small laugh. "I just hope they plan this out properly and don't do a half-assed attempt,"

Rosalie takes a deep breath as she closes one eye to zone in on the target before her

Rosalie takes a deep breath as she closes one eye to zone in on the target before her. She leans her arm back and then launches it forward, the knife zipping through the air and into the target — it's not quite in the centre but it's close enough. None of her fighting or aiming skills have gotten better since leaving her games, probably to do with the fact she didn't bother to practice. She was never under the impression she would have to do it again.