CHAPTER 21: Rumours

Evan Cooper

The school year passed by so quickly that when it was over, Evan could barely believe it. Never in a million years would he have guessed what his last year of high school was going to be like: he was dating the school's biggest troublemaker, he wasn't playing field hockey anymore and on top of all that he was home schooled.

Evan had actually managed to improve his grades during the months he had been home schooled. Mostly he could thank Junior for that: he gladly helped Evan with his homework and he had been a patient teacher no matter how difficult it was for Evan to learn something.

One day Evan had said to Junior: 'You must think I'm an idiot.' and Junior had told him: 'Nah, even you have to have some flaws, otherwise everyone would be pissed off about how perfect you were.' From Junior's mouth that was a praise, or at least that's how Evan decided to take it.

In the graduation day's evening they were going to a party, which was daring for more than one reason. It wasn't just that Junior still only saw a handful of people, but because it was a graduation party where their classmates would be. Damien and his three idiot friends weren't invited, but there would be familiar faces and they would likely be stared at.

But they would only join the party briefly and Evan had promised to never leave Junior's side, so what was the worst that could happen?

Evan was enjoying the view when Junior dressed up in dark trousers and a white button up shirt. The dress code was semi-formal, so they had to dress up a bit. Naomi had taken them to the mall and insisted on buying them 'something posh' to wear.

"There's no way I'm wearing a tie. I look so stupid already." Junior complained, glaring at his reflection from the big mirror. Evan, who was following the ritual intently, had outright different opinions.

"I'm not wearing a tie either." Evan murmured. He pulled Junior on the bed and whispered in his ear: "Besides, you look incredible. So incredible I'd like to undress you right now and here."

"Evan, you fucker, I just got dressed and you're wrinkling my shirt." Junior gushed and tried to squirm away, but Evan held him still.

"At the very least, I'd like to kiss you breathless." He grinned and pressed his lips against Junior's. It was a long and deliberate kiss that made Junior stop squirming and his body relaxed against Evan's.

"That's all you're getting for now." Junior said, slightly out of breath, and promptly got up from the bed. "And I swear, if there's even one wrinkle in my shirt.."

"..I'm dead? You'll end me? Yeah, yeah, I know. I love you too." Evan grinned happily, earning a scowl from Junior.

He hoped the graduation party would be a success. Junior needed to see not everyone wished him ill or hated him, and Evan needed to know there was still goodness in people.

Dario Ortiz

Dario had made a horrible mistake. A horrible, horrible mistake. His home was vacant for the rest of the week, as the twins and their parents were visiting Dario's grandpa in Spain, but to have the graduation party there was a terrible idea.

Why had he said yes?

What if something got broken? What if someone accidentally set the house on fire? What if someone got hurt and sent to the hospital? What if people were just plain idiots and he couldn't kick them out when he wanted to?

"You're stressing out again." Beau pointed out while helping Dario with the last preparations. He had just carried a huge pile of plastic cups in the kitchen and was now setting them on the counter.