letter #9

*Authors note: I'm so very sorry for this long wait for these next chapters. I've had a lot of unexpected things happening in my life, such as family emergency's making me have to care for grieving loved ones and one of my lizards escaping (thankfully she was found, alive and unharmed). It's been so stressful to also manage school and other personal activities to go with that and overall it's been a roller coaster. Please enjoy this book I Pour my life and soul into these and it's really more so I can get away from life every time that I write them and I hope others enjoy them just as much as I hope, any love and support I will cry over from how sweet everyone's responses get. Anyways this is way to long, enjoy...*

Alex lays in the hospital room with Amara as she is soundly fighting for her life. Amara's battle is not over, yet she feels like giving up.

Alex has came and gone everyday to see her in this state of nothing. its the same every time, he hold her hand, talks to her, cries and tells her that it isn't her fault, it wasn't her fault, she didn't mean to do this... 

right?

Alex needs someone to calm him down, he is on the verge of breaking, he will break. time seems to stand still for her, and time goes on forever but somehow there isn't enough in the day for him. 

"Amara", alees fraile voice specks craving a bit. 

"Amara, if you can hear me... I-i-f-f-f you are even in there, please. please fight. for me, for your life a head of you. everything, we were supposed todo so much, Elliot cant even bare to come to the hospital.", he pauses and takes a deep breath.

Amara does hear him, her heart breaks she is trying to fight, she was at least.

she tries anything, if she can just get a hold of her limbs. a finger twitch, hand squeezed, anything. 

her mind is racing a thousand miles, and yet a marathon has not been won. 

she's standing steel as if her mind is frozen along with her limbs. 

she wants to scream at Alex to tell him she's in there, yet nothing happens. its all in her mind. 

"Amara", he repeats himself even more broken than before somehow.

"they're going to take you off today, its been two weeks. they cant keep you alive if your body won't respond. please... please do something", this is the last thing he will say to her before walking out of the room and to the doctor.

Alex tells them he is ready for the end.

his soul will go with hers. 

this is it.

isn't it?

the doctors grieve for the young girl they so hoped would come back, but they knew. they've seen worse and better cases come back but they knew, she was gone. 

right?

they finally get into the room, a female doctor stands with Alex and allows him to have someone hold his hand, he is alone. 

the nurses go over and start unplugging amara, alexs screams and cries and the monitors go blank.

and yet...

yet...

by some magic Amara's heart keeps beating, her lungs still fill with air and life, her mind just as beautiful and sweet as before, she lives.

Amara lives.

the room is dead silent waiting for the nurse holding all control to say the words, 'she's gone', but it never comes.