𝐢𝐢𝐢. accidents happen

CHAPTER THREE.

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

"ACCIDENTS HAPPEN"     

STUCK INTO BOTH WORLDS THAT WERE AS DIFFERENT AS CHALK AND CHEESE, AMY HAD SEVERAL OPINIONS ABOUT BOTH SIDES OF THE TOWN. Shadysiders were parasites, they would gum up to your heel, and no amount of energy could have helped you to get rid of them. Whereas, Sunnyvalers were more like a shadow; always following and watching you. They hid the malignancy in their vibrant eyes and pretty smiles. They held knives in their hands when they hugged you.

Amy saw right through both sides. After all, she grew among those wolves. She had to learn how to play wounded deer and grabbed those knives before they could stick onto her back. She had a mantra; pretend, pretend, pretend. Lately, everything was casting a pall upon her. And her self-control was slipping from her little hands.

All she wanted to do was to shriek at their ugly faces and wipe their stupid perfect smiles off their faces with a punch. Yet, she held herself together and played the game.

The moon was the only accompany they had on the dark road, providing them a dim light. Amy was stuck to the corner in the back seat, Matthew was almost sitting at her leg. There was someone else sitting next to them, who wore a stupid skull mask much similar to her uncle's killer. She had no idea who he was, she never met him. ( Considering he was Peter's friend, she wasn't fond of meeting him. )

Peter was driving the car, his new girlfriend sitting next to him. "Pieces of shit!" He yelled, his face was as red as blood. "In our part of the town, they are attacking us?"

"They say you were the one that threw the first punch." Matthew pointed out, his arm on the back of Amy's shoulder.

"That's a lie." Peter rambled, not that anyone believed. Amy didn't need to be there to know, Peter would take any chance to attack a Shadysider. (which was ironic when his new girlfriend was a Shadysider just yesterday.)