𝐯𝐢. a little death

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬     

"A LITTLE DEATH"

SURVIVING WAS A GAME OF CHANCE. You could die abruptly at any moment in your life. Like while crossing the road, a car could have hit you, or something could have fallen to your head and crush your skull while walking. Death's bare hands would pull her soul to itself, and leave her body to rot. Then, Amy would belong to the darkness. She wouldn't become a star that could watch her mother at night. She would be alone in the pit of hell. The possibilities were infinite.

In Amy's case, an agelong curse that apparently killed her father and uncle could have followed her until she was dead.

Dread was absorbing her soul. It was sneakily melting into ribs, trying to reach her little heart. Amy didn't like being afraid. She felt vulnerable and weak. She was exposed to the sinister wind that wanted to carry her to the poisonous lands. Away from her home, and her family.

She chopped the crimes in her mind mercilessly. (Just like The Nightwing Killer did to her father.) The ambulance was silent as Matthew drove, everyone seemed to be lost in their own minds. But Amy wasn't just lost, she was engulfed and drowning there.

"Do we have a plan?" Crystal's voice pushed the silence from them.

Deena drew a sigh, not even glancing at her. "Whatever made Sam see the witch may be the way to stop everything."

Crystal hummed thoughtfully. "So we don't have a plan."

Deena bit the inside her cheeks, staying quiet. Kate wasn't so patient. "What is your point exactly?" She asked, continuing without waiting for her response. "Except for the persistent negativity and hostility?"

Crystal scoffed, rolling her eyes. The ambulance stopped, indicating they arrived at where the car crash happened. Simon opened the doors, jumping to the ground. Amy knew she seemed down at the mouth, she just couldn't take it anymore. Pretend, pretend, pretend. Her mantra was bullshit and she was fed up with it.