𝐢𝐢. panic room

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬     

"PANIC ROOM"

AMANDA LOVE-WINTERS NEVER WANTED TO LET GO. She just wanted to stay locked around the ice walls she had built so that nobody could reach her, and stay away from the cruel hands of the universe.

However, as she had stated earlier, the universe was a bitch that liked to mess with her pathetic life and always found a way to get under her skin. Amy was weary of fighting against it, she had no energy left after seeing the Sunnyvalers. And besides, the universe would always win, no matter what she did.

Her thoughts were entangled with each other like ivy, the hollowness inside her chest was piercing. She was both feeling everything and nothing, which confused her. She should have been upset and angry, she should have been screaming at the top of her lungs until her throat burnt, she should have at least felt something. Still, her chest was covered with the infinite emptiness that tore her inside.

See, Amy (don't dare to call her Amanda) Love-Winters never had an easy life. It was doomed even before her birth and there was nothing she or anyone could do to fix it.

She was born fatherless, starting to the life a step back. ( The Universe:1 Amy: 0 ) No matter how many times she had waited for him to magically showed up on her doorstep on her birthdays, or expected to see him on father's day, therefore preparing gifts for him every year just in case, he never emerged from the shadows. He was dead, his body was already rotten when she opened her eyes to the cruel world.

He had an ax on his head, wrapping his golden locks in his own blood. He was left in Camp Nightwing in 1978, his broken body covered into a white blanket. He was never coming home. And, Amy was foolish to think otherwise.