𝐱𝐢. shades of betrayal

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬     

"SHADES OF BETRAYAL"

They said a house was haunted, the Shadyside was haunted, the soil was haunted. But Amy Love-Winters believed it was the body that was haunted her own warn-torn body, more precisely.

Her body felt like an abandoned old house with black mold walls tarnishing her soul, bricks tumbledown, and the loneliness gliding in the air like a puffy cheeked ballet, accompanied by ghosts of memories that fell like a shadow upon her dimmed heart.

Amy was alive. She didn't know how, but she was. (Not that she was complaining.) She was left with the ghosts that would cause her insomnia along with the traumas that would never leave her side.

Well, fuck you universe! Who's winning now?

Although Amy was too young to die, she felt like she was already too late to live. The dilemma was eating her sensible thoughts, making a room for the cunning thoughts that wanted to devour her. Her emotions were intense enough to bring her senses to their knees.

The shock was still dominating her entire body. The more she looked at her patched-up wounds, the more blood appeared on her mind. She was still numb, and in a way not accepting the events that happened. Like tomorrow morning when she opened her eyes, the wounds and stitches on her chest would disappear and Kate would be alive.

Amy liked to live in her fantasy world where everything was made of sweet cotton candy and everyone was still alive. If it were to her, Amy would curl herself like a ball and wrap herself in her rough sheets for the rest of her life. She didn't want anything with the ugly reality. The darkness flew in her veins like blood, controlling her pulse as a reminder of reality.

Nothing seemed to change in Shadyside. Kate Schmidt was just another black-white photo displayed on the televisions and gazettes that fell victim to the darkness of the town. ( In fact, she had stuck her own head to the bread cutter after she snapped and killed people, according to the foolish cops.)