𝐯. heart of glass

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬     

"HEART OF GLASS"

THE LIFE WAS ACTUALLY A GAMBLE THAT WAS PLAYED WITH POSSIBILITIES. What if's would fill your brain no matter what you chose. It was in human nature to be curious, and not taking the money and run. Yet, people sometimes forgot a simple fact; what was bound to happen would always happen.

However, that fact scared many people, especially those who were control freaks just like Amy. Because if your fate wasn't in your control, then what made you different than a machine? Getting a tad bit of the sea of hope, Amy repeated to herself that she was the one pulling the reins.

Amy was bound to die, (everyone was) but her case was more different than the rest. More precisely, she was doomed to get killed. Her grandmother was hit by a car, her father was killed in a camp, and her uncle was killed in a mall.

She was the next.

Fear was a funny feeling. It was a poison that would spread in your body and toxicate you until you turned to nothing but an empty skull. It would dance in your veins like a friend, and put bizarre thoughts to your head. The thoughts would be out of character, and even you couldn't recognize yourself.

Her feelings were in the arms of the wind that was running towards her. All were about to hit her in the same moment, stunning her with their intensity.

"You are not listening!" Deena yelled, and for a second Amy thought she was talking to her. But raising her head, she saw that Deena was pointing her finger at Matthew's chest accusingly. "I know what I saw!"

A muscle in Matthew's jaw moved slightly. "You are insane." He commented, breathing sharply. "You are claiming to see Ryan Torres who was shot by my uncle, and expecting from me to be a witness."