Prologue

Elizabeth Carrera was known to many simply as Liz. The older sister of the Pogue princess Kiara or Kie. Kiara and herself couldn't have been more opposite. One cared about saving the environment and the other cared about parties. The sisters had a close bond when they were younger but quickly outgrew that as the two reached high school. Kiara never liked her sisters friends although Elizabeth didn't mind hers.

She was the golden child of the Carrera's, always obeying their parents orders and graduating at the top of her class in high school. She was everything they wanted in a child often comparing the two sisters much to Elizabeth's dislike. Everybody knew Elizabeth for her kindness and and uppity attitude.

Rafe Cameron was the complete opposite. Wanting nothing more to impress his father he always seemed to do the exact opposite. He barely graduated high school not caring about his studies as his family was the richest on the island, why would he really need an education if he was virtually set for life?

He was known for being a complete douchebag unless he was around Elizabeth. Many people didn't care for him, only treated him like royalty for his last name.

The two had always been relatively close though they both pushed down feelings for the other. One summer nignt that changed.